Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!!
    Does anyone know anything about the new MSc Management Information Systems Innovation of LSE?
    Is it worth paying 20000 pounds for this master?
    Also, which are the job prospects?
    Any help would be appreciated
    THanks!!

ReputationRep:
    ADMIS was not worth the money! The only good thing was you got to work on a mock consultancy project with Deloitte. Anyway MISI won't have useless any of the useless teaching staff we had in ADMIS. Job prospects aren't great in the IS department, many students came here expecting to walk into an amazing job but reality couldn't be further from the truth.

(Original post by naddles)
    ADMIS was not worth the money! The only good thing was you got to work on a mock consultancy project with Deloitte. Anyway MISI won't have useless any of the useless teaching staff we had in ADMIS. Job prospects aren't great in the IS department, many students came here expecting to walk into an amazing job but reality couldn't be further from the truth.
    Am I right in thinking that's it's basically IS340++? And your job prospects are the same as when you did your undergrad at LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sports racer)
    am i right in thinking that's it's basically is340++? And your job prospects are the same as when you did your undergrad at lse?
    world

y u no give misi respect

ReputationRep:
    Seriously??? I've heard that ADMIS was a very well established program for IS and new technologies on businesses.
    Which program do you think is a good option for innovation and IS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sports Racer)
    Am I right in thinking that's it's basically IS340++? And your job prospects are the same as when you did your undergrad at LSE?
    Absolutely spot on! The only reason one would study ADMIS is if they are genuinely interested in Information Systems otherwise it is a complete waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playwright)
    Seriously??? I've heard that ADMIS was a very well established program for IS and new technologies on businesses.
    Which program do you think is a good option for innovation and IS?
    ADMIS was discontinued because unlike other IS degrees the content was completely out of date and as a result the IS Group have decided to start afresh with new modules and better teaching staff.

Absolutely spot on! The only reason one would study ADMIS is if they are genuinely interested in Information Systems otherwise it is a complete waste of time.
    Some could say that interest in a subject should be the reason for pursuing that subject :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sports Racer)
    Some could say that interest in a subject should be the reason for pursuing that subject :rolleyes:
    It should be the main reason but it's not. MRes was discontinued for a lack of interest.

ReputationRep:
    Even though its a dead thread. I felt the need to reply as an ADMIS alulmi(2010). People talking rubbish about the department must be put behind the bars ..lol.. A World class department.. With shrewd, knowledgeable professors.. People like Avgerou, Venters, Sorensen, Madon, Smithson and notably willcocks are the best in the business. I can really vouch for the course!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 18, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.