Turn on thread page Beta

Can I study at 2 seperate colleges at the same time? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, as the title says, can i study at 2 different colleges at the same time?

Reason i ask is that im planning on studying a lvl3 diploma in Music Performance at one college. But i am also planning on studying Physics and Maths at another college in case the music route doesnt go to plan.

Im also aware you can study 4 A levels at once so i was wondering if anyone knew how many A levels the level 3 diploma will count as? Im hoping its only 1 or 2 so i have enough left to study my Maths and Physics.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can

I do French and Dutch at a different 6th form college

ReputationRep:
    You can do more than 4 A levels!
    And ask both colleges- they'll have their separate protocol.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm going to be taking a day course at one college, then seperate night classes at another.

ReputationRep:
    Its called being a consortum student, you can take a certain subject at another college, alot of the kids at my school do that if subjects clash with each other.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I'm doing advanced highers in college and I can think of a good handful of people that either attend a different college or a university. There's one woman doing a masters in law at uni and 2 advanced highers at my college, another guy is doing an economics degree.

It might be a bit of a struggle though with your studying, but you'll just have to get your head down.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for helping me out, at least i know its possible.

Now my only other concern is, i know for a fact my music diploma is run over a monday and tuesday (full days), but what happens if my maths and physics course at the different college fall on the same day, can colleges work around you or do you have to decide which ones more important to you? Has anyone got any experience of this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisrbower)
    Thanks for helping me out, at least i know its possible.

Now my only other concern is, i know for a fact my music diploma is run over a monday and tuesday (full days), but what happens if my maths and physics course at the different college fall on the same day, can colleges work around you or do you have to decide which ones more important to you? Has anyone got any experience of this?
    I go to one sixth form but the idea's the same - my chemistry and further maths clash. I self-taught further maths until I did my final practical and then swapped timetables to take further maths lessons and taught myself the remainder. The head of maths went through stuff with me after school on Fridays. Then, once I lost chemistry lessons, my chemistry teacher went over stuff with me every Thursday and I still attended one chemistry lesson per week that didn't clash.

They'll do what they can to help, trust me. But be prepared to do loads of work to catch up outside of lessons.

ReputationRep:
    Only if the colleges/sixth form are in collaboration and your lessons don't clash. You will need to contact them, but it is possible. I know a few people studying different subjects two different colleges.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.