The Student Room Group

Dark skinned people of TSR - are you saddened by this?

White skinned people would always evolve again from any darker, if natural selection was set to take place:

beyond the 40th parallel (roughly, the latitude of Madrid and Naples), Loomis argues, he got into a zone where black skin filters out too much ultraviolet.
He encountered rickets. The darkest-skinned young male hunters were so crippled that they could not keep up; the darkest-skinned females died in childbirth because of pelvic deformities. Those who happened to be lighter skinned, of both sexes, survived.
Thus, by the classic Darwinian process of evolution by natural selection, the farther north man went, the more completely did the light-skinned survive and the dark-skinned die out.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,840985,00.html

I personally love the fact that my skin colour, in this environment, gives me an advantage in a natural selection scenario. And if I go to a really sunny, equatorial country, I can simply cover myself with a cloth (e.g. correct me if I'm wrong, but Iranians tend to be quite light, and look at where they live!), so I see it as a win/win scenario. :tongue:

As you can also see on my profile, I'm militantly against the racist government of countries like the UK doing things outlined here, so I think it's awesome that we have a battle, of sorts, vs the government-backed dark skinned against the natural-selection favoured light skins.

Edit: Clearly a lot of people don't know how natural selection works, it's not a case of "if you have dark skin, you WILL die right now", it's simply that lighter skinned people will slightly tend to be more healthier. The effects in our society are tiny, obviously, as black people are simply able to take a vitamin D tablet, but of course, in a more primal scenario this would not be the case.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There are benefits and disadvantages to both dark and white skin though.

Dark skin is more resistant to skin cancer
Reply 2
I will haz no cancerz babez
Reply 3
No. This is just a theory about something that may or may not have happened in an area of science where theories come and go.

The correct link is this.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,840985,00.html

If you read it you'll notice some holes.

But in the tropics, Loomis figures, the white man's unpigmented skin could make a deadly dose of D: up to 800,000 units, he calculates, in a six-hour exposure of his whole body to the equatorial sun.

Which doesn't take in to account the fact that millions of white people have lived in the hottest areas in the world for more then six hours. At best they have a higher chance of skin cancer.

In fact this is an article from 1967. How bored are you to look up 44 year old articles? It's complelelty irrelevant.
mong
Whats your point, OP?
Reply 7
My penis is bigger than yours(or your fathers for that matter), so SCREW YOU
Dark skin people age better (from what i've seen) and no skin cancer :gah:
Reply 9
lolwut, there are vitamin d supplements, & to die from that you'd have to be ridiculously insufficient. Here's the rest of your somewhat biased argument :hmmm:
Reverse Selection. There remains the question of why the Mongols and related peoples are "yellow." Biochemist Loomis explains this on the basis of additional keratin (horny material) in the outer skin layers—though dermatologists deny this and say that the Mongol's sun screen is melanin, like the Negro's, but in smaller amounts. Loomis surmises that the yellow races may have developed their coloration after having gone through the white-race depigmentation phase. If migration away from the equator produces lighter skins, says Loomis, reverse migration could have the opposite effect. In the mere 10,000 to 20,000 years since relatively light-skinned Mongols crossed from Siberia to Alaska and spread southward to Tierra del Fuego, there has been a natural selection in favor of the darker-skinned Amerindians between 40° north and 40° south latitude. Outside these boundaries, and in most of the dark rain forests of Brazil, the Indians are not appreciably darker than most Asiatic Mongols.
Loomis' theory is not entirely new, but he has honed it to a greater sharpness than have previous investigators. Every human being of every race lives through a cycle of supporting evidence for at least part of it and carries some in his hand throughout life. Babies of all races are lighter than adults, presumably reflecting nature's provision for early vitamin D needs. And people of all races have pale, unpigmented palms and soles. Since these parts have extra keratin and are not exposed to ultraviolet, they need no melanin protection against excess vitamin D synthesis.
Can only assume that the OP is a troll. First a provocative account of why they want Islamification (I'm not putting Islam in general down, btw) and now coming out downright racist.

Do not feed it! :troll:
Original post by darkxangel
Dark skin people age better (from what i've seen) and no skin cancer :gah:

Just jacked off to the girl on the right of your sig, she's fineeeeeeeeee:coma:
Original post by pinda.college
Just jacked off to the girl on the right of your sig, she's fineeeeeeeeee:coma:

I know, she is a VC model called Kate Upton :biggrin:.
Morgan freeman is darkskinned, but he dresses in white your point OP :biggrin:
Morgan rocks :cool:

Reply 14
i got medium skin, best of both worlds :wink2:
What's to be sad about?

Dark people can just take vitamin D if they live in non sunny places, no big ****ing deal

/thread
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
Haha this is funny as hell, 'dark skinned' people are some of the coolest people you will ever know
Too bad you don't know any.. :rolleyes:
Black people have bigger willys and white people have bigger brains.
Reply 18
Brown skin looks more healthier.
Reply 19
Original post by ussumane
I will haz no cancerz babez

lol same.

Quick Reply