Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i am currently deciding between these universities for chemical engineering next year and have similar conditional offers from all of them and was wandering which would offer the best job prospects in the future.

Thanks Robbie

ReputationRep:
    all of them are good, but manchester would be the best bet in terms of job prospects because i think it's more recognized.

also, what are the required grades for each, are there any other options - how likely is it that you will meet the offer for manchester if you do decide to firm that.

take that all into consideration mate and also find out which universities you've got offers from are the most lenient, you can use http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/ to find out the average UCAS points required for last year(I think) and then go from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robmw)
    Hi, i am currently deciding between these universities for chemical engineering next year and have similar conditional offers from all of them and was wandering which would offer the best job prospects in the future.

Thanks Robbie
    Manchester is very GOOD for chemical engineering, and I would recommend that as your firm...

Out of interest which one did you firm?

ReputationRep:
    right now at manchester, chemical engineering is ****. half of the good lecturers have left and we've got a bunch of tools running the department. only about half of the students on the industrial experience course got 12 month placements this year when it was supposed to be 98% every year. next year things will change since we're moving campus with a new building and everything. then again i don't think industry is aware of this so we're probably still better than Bath and Newcastle in the eyes of outsiders

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.