Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I am a Lithuanian student thinking of coming to the UK to study medicine. Now as i know, a lot of the universities do not accept the Lithuanian Brandos Atestatas, so those universities the don't accept my diploma are 100% rejections. I also found out the the A104 course look past that, or atleast I think it does?

Now I am wondering will it be harder for me to try and get into the A100 course or the A104 course. Some say the A104 is UK student only course?
    Maybe some of you guys know any universities that accept the Lithuanian Brandos Atestatas?
    I am a pretty good student of grade average 9.3/10 and good english because I lived in Chicago for 8 years.

Thank you for your help guys and please reply

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    Most universities recommend you contact their medicine admissions department with regards to qualifications they haven't listed as recognised. This is probably because they cannot print a list of every qualification offered around the world, so only list the most common ones they receive.
    If you send an email to admissions departments to lots of uk medical schools stating your situation (and the fact you want to apply to A100 medicine), subjects, grades and information about the education system you are in - they might be able to tailor advice to you and perhaps even welcome your application. If not, at least you gave it in writing that they would not accept your application.

And then for those that offer A104, in most cases (as far as I know) they do offer some spaces to international applicants, enquire about that too.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    thank you very much for the info, i wrote to some unis and got a couple responses so far, awaiting more

ReputationRep:
    You will need to go through every university's website and see what international qualifications they consider and contact many of them directly. Also start preparing for your UKCAT which you will have to take (its available almost everywhere so long as there's a PearsonVue).

The A104 course would probably be easier to get into universally in terms of their test for the rigorousness of your academic background. I had an unusual route too and I found there to be no rhyme or reason to admission policies when it came to considering foreign qualifications. Peninsula said not to bother applying, yet KCL offered me an interview...

Off the top of my head Queens Belfast, St Andrew's, Dundee, Brighton Sussex, KCL (King's College London), and possibly Nottingham had fairly inclusive policies.

ReputationRep:
    Now when you say i need to take the UCKAT, i am planning on sending my applications to the unis thru UCAS during the summer, i will have made up what schools, ill have my PS, recommendations ready. So do i need to take the UKCAT before i send in the applications, or can i take it after i send them in. Also i will be applying for the 2012 year, so does that mean i can take my UKCAT later?

And i did concat St Andrews and Nottingham, SA said that im inelgibile while Nottingham said they do accept my diploma, i will be sure to concats the others you named, thank you

ReputationRep:
    i dont really remember now but i believe the UKCAT is only offered up until before the application deadline so you would be best to get that done ahead of time of course.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 20, 2011

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.