The Student Room Group

I have no motivation whatsoever..

So, it's nearly the end of the first week of easter and I have no motivation to revise at all! Someone help me :biggrin: give me the will to revise :wink:
If you don't revise your life will become one huge chain of failure after failure, starting with not getting into university. Not even slightly kidding. Do you wanna be one of those people who stays behind a year and is a year older than everyone in their year. You'll probably feel awkward and won't have a good student life - causing you to work even worse and get worse grades. And things will just get worse and worse.

How'd that do it?
Reply 2
Some people actually want to take a year out before going to uni. There is nothing wrong with joining a year late.
Original post by dub69
Some people actually want to take a year out before going to uni. There is nothing wrong with joining a year late.

Haha I know :P Scare tactics and all :wink:

EDIT: Plus tbh I was talking about resitting Year 13 so being a year older than other Year 13s, in Uni there's much less of an effect caused by that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by charcharchar
So, it's nearly the end of the first week of easter and I have no motivation to revise at all! Someone help me :biggrin: give me the will to revise :wink:

if you dont revise:

you'll do badly in the exams
you wont be able to enjoy your summer properly
and youll have that awful feeling on results day when you open the envelope
Your cat will die if you do no revision.
Reply 6
Original post by estrella1.1
if you dont revise:

you'll do badly in the exams
you wont be able to enjoy your summer properly
and youll have that awful feeling on results day when you open the envelope

This doesn't even make me want to revise.. I need some serious help and motivation.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Try not to panic, you've still got a few weeks left until exams so if you organise your time and make a plan for yourself on when to do what this will really help.

You can always reward yourself with something once you've done half an hour's revision or so, then you're motivated to get that reward.

It might work for you, give it a try :smile:

Boo to the person who neg repped, you're no fun.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by VictoriaG
This doesn't even make me want to revise.. I need some serious help and motivation.

tbh youre the only one who can really motivate yourself.

if youre not motivated by the prospect of a good summer then i dno
Reply 9
If you don't revise, you'll fail at life and have to become a prostitute/bag lady. Works when I need motivating :smile:
you will look back on this time when you open your results envelope and fail and think
what the **** was I thinking?????????

remember, nothing else is more important than passing your exams at this moment in time
(excluding staying alive)
Reply 11
Original post by estrella1.1
tbh youre the only one who can really motivate yourself.

if youre not motivated by the prospect of a good summer then i dno

I think I have issues.
don't bother revising, you're not really good enough to get good grades anyway. in fact i always thought you were a few clowns short of a circus.

edit: thanks for the neg. looks like putting sic is absolutely necessary after all.
(edited 13 years ago)
There's always tomorrow?
Thanks guys, you motivate me a LOT. :smile: Also tillytots, nice nick holt picture mmmm
Reply 15
Imagine earining that 100k a year job, opening your results to pass your highest expectations, beating all your friends who were in the same mindset, going to your dream uni
Reply 16
BASICALLY THINK OF IT AS..........IF YOU START REVISING NOW YOU ONLY HAVE TO REVISE FOR 2 MONTHS.....if you don't revise and you fail and end up having to retake the year.....THAT WILL ANOTHER YEAR OF REVISION.....

YOUR CHOICE MATE.....WHAT DO YOU SAY 2 MONTHS OR A WHOLE OTHER YEAR....ITS UP TO U, I KNOW WHICH ONE I'M PICKIN
Reply 17
If you don't revise, your friends will feel a sense of superiority over you. They won't mention it of course, but it'll be there.

If you don't revise no university will want you and you'll slip into a monotonous existence which culminates around daytime TV and stacking shelves in Aldi for all eternity.

... that work? I've scared myself :tongue: off to do some more revision.
The thought of failure motivates me.

Quick Reply

Latest