Turn on thread page Beta

I need help with diet and fitness!! *PICS* watch

ReputationRep:
    I am uncomfortable with the extra weight around my tummy and hips, and want to lose weight generally. What foods should I cut out of my diet? How much exercise should I do? Will running help?

I want to go from A to B ^^

ReputationRep:
    Simple equation. To lose weight, calories in < calories out. To cut calories you can eat less and to increase calories out you can exercise more. In terms of actual foods, don't worry too much about the content such as fat, carbs, protein etc, just make sure what you are eating is worth the calories for example something high in calories but not very nutritious or filling isn't going to help you to lose weight, as you will still be feeling hungry. Work out how many calories you use on a day-to-day basis by using some sort of calculator (google it) and then start making sure you eat less than you use.

Counting calories can make you obsessed if it is pushed too far, however it is good to start taking a mental note of the calories that you put in, to help keep track of how you are doing.

As exercise goes, you need to work your body. You need to make your body use the energy given to it by food, and once that is exhausted, it will tap into your fat stores. Any kind of cardio will do this, the more intense the better. I'd recommend interval training as the best for this (google it). Do not however starve yourself as this will only make the problem worse. Any questions feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    Eat less, exercise more Simple as it sounds, works I'm doing Weight Watchers, can PM me if you want x

ReputationRep:
    Start jogging, run alot alot alot alot and eat less. Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazniarrah)
    I am uncomfortable with the extra weight around my tummy and hips, and want to lose weight generally. What foods should I cut out of my diet? How much exercise should I do? Will running help?

I want to go from A to B ^^
    you want to go from After to Before?

ReputationRep:
    lifting weights>>>>> cardio

do both though. read the stickies then come back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahm sayn?)
    you want to go from After to Before?
    Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Read the sticky second from the top of the fitness forum.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.