Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey. i'll be starting my first year at lse this fall. i love to do sports and intend to try out for the basketball team.

im quite a good player, represented my high school back in my country. but im rather short. just approximately 5'9.

i was wondering how tall on average are the school team players? or do you know the height of the shortest guy on the team? (so as not to get my hopes too high..)

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to continue basketball in uni too xD and I'm only 5'8...quick question though, can you dunk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeiChin)
    I'd like to continue basketball in uni too xD and I'm only 5'8...quick question though, can you dunk?
    nah. im miles away from dunking. tt's y im concerned about the average height of the team. if every1 is like taller than 6 foot, i'd know my chances r slim.

ReputationRep:
    but PGs are about that height. + just because you're short doesn't mean you can't play xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeiChin)
    but PGs are about that height. + just because you're short doesn't mean you can't play xD
    yea i know. height puts me at a great disadvantage though. i was watchin some bucs games on youtube, looks as if every1 could dunk..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidlcf)
    yea i know. height puts me at a great disadvantage though. i was watchin some bucs games on youtube, looks as if every1 could dunk..
    =0 they do look really good!!! Won't stop me from trying though xD well you can train your vertical leap. I can only grab the rim though <_< so what positions do you usually play?

ReputationRep:
    wow tt's impressive. nah i cant. i only play guard. usually pg, not so much of sg.

ReputationRep:
    cool~well you don't really need to be tall to play PG, just need to handle the ball well and see the floor xD

ReputationRep:
    I had a friend who was captain at my school, went to LSE and barely made the team, but I think he's moved up the starting now, not too sure. I know he's played in some games because I saw photos of him playing on fb. I play bball too, but not that well, and certainly not well enough to get on a uni team lol!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about myself...never played a tournament since they tend to clash with my exams. They wanted me on the team but my mum said studies 1st <_< well, Imma go for it in uni though, my last chance xD but well, there's a recreation team I've read so it's all fun and stuffs, don't have to be good. Hope I get to play with you guys and have fun =P

ReputationRep:
    yea. n i heard there's the 2nd and 3rd team? so we can always try for those. anyway where're u from n wat's your course ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Brunei and I'll be doing Maths and Econ. You're doing Actuarial and from S'pore right? Think I remember reading on a thread somewhere xD

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 17, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.