This discussion is closed.
crazy_cutie44
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
hey, this is a bit of a random thread but was just thinking bout it and thought i'd ask ppl on here.
A guy mate of mine wants me 2 go reading festival with him n his mates, i don't know whether to say yes though?! i'm not really into that kind of thing but i think it would be fun to go.
Has anyone here been and could you tell me what its like please?! xxx
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by crazy_cutie44)
hey, this is a bit of a random thread but was just thinking bout it and thought i'd ask ppl on here.
A guy mate of mine wants me 2 go reading festival with him n his mates, i don't know whether to say yes though?! i'm not really into that kind of thing but i think it would be fun to go.
I went to reading last year, it was amazing, if youre not into the music, it wont be as good, but itll still be fun none the less. When youre not watching bands the weekend usually consists of gettung drunk/stoned, so if that sounds like your idea of fun, go..
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have been to reading 3 years running. I go because I love the music. I think even if you are not into the music, there are just so many people and so much to do, the atmosphere is really cool. Kinda one of those things you have to do in your life in my oppinion.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what a strange festival it is.Who likes reading stuff.What type of books is it based on?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
These people might be able to help: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Reading wont be as good as last year this year, bands wise, as the gods that are METALLLLLLLLLICA! wont be there
crazy_cutie44
Rep:
?
(Original post by eric bischoff)
what a strange festival it is.Who likes reading stuff.What type of books is it based on?
u what?!
MC
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
....ahem...this people is a fine example of bad humour.
Evil Muffin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When do they announce the bands that will be playing this year?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh and as a Glastonbury goer I'd like to point out that Reading isn't a festival - it's just a gig in a carpark
MC
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Evil Muffin)
May.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
....ahem...this people is a fine example of bad humour.
bad humour?

oh reading the town i thought he wanted you to go to a festival were you read books. My mistake :confused:
MC
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Oh and as a Glastonbury goer I'd like to point out that Reading isn't a festival - it's just a gig in a carpark
I worked in car parking for glastonbury last year. I got a free ticket, but it isnt as good as Reading.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not for a while - best rumours page is here though: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festival...php?FestID=580

(the NME steal these rumours for the magazine :rolleyes: hence the forum motto "f**k the NME" )
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The list starts building up from about...now? It gets confirmed about a month before they event though, and theres always a few bands who drop out after that..
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Not for a while - best rumours page is here though: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festival...php?FestID=580

(the NME steal these rumours for the magazine :rolleyes: hence the forum motto "f**k the NME" )
No good bands going yet then
crazy_cutie44
Rep:
?
cheers! think i will probly go, think it wud b a good laugh & i would usually go but it'll b an experience! xx
wiffmaster
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
cheers! think i will probly go, think it wud b a good laugh & i would usually go but it'll b an experience! xx
The whole festival is great, I went last year. I love the music, but even if you don't, I guarantee you'll have a great time. The bands are only half the experience! Go, you won't regret it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (69)
23.71%
No (222)
76.29%

Watched Threads