Turn on thread page Beta

I met her - shes cool - I like her watch

Announcements

Soooo

Ive met this really cool, friendly girl who is v.pretty and has just started at the place that I work, and from the short amount of time that Ive known her and got talking to her shes made an impression on me and I have taken a shine to her.

Thing is, I added her on fb and found out that she has a BF , she was really smiley and friendly when I met her, and she was very approachable, Im usually very shy around attractive girls but for some reason I was very confident with her, flirting and generally having a good time, and waves and smiles when I say hello to her.

Now what do I do? I dont want to fall into the friend zone, but i also want to get to know her, but dont want to back off so much that I lose contact or become nothing more of an acquaintance, bad thing is ive only just recently gotten over someone who has turned me down, and meeting her has been like a breath of fresh air, it was nice to meet someone who was awesome as the girl ive just got over.

Im confuzzled :-S (I obviously cant let me feelings known as ive only just met her, but she has made an impression on me, especially her personality and im not going to be a ******* and try and break them up cos i would hate that to happen to me)

ReputationRep:
    since you're 'confuzzled' already, you should take the possible and the impossible and make the possimpible happen too.

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    She has a bf. end of story. just become friends.

ReputationRep:
    she has BF....forget it dude!! if she breaks up...then we are talking something...

ReputationRep:
    This is a very confusing situation, I think u need to let her know that your interested, then you'll be able to tell if she feels the same about u, she'll either be slightly distant with you(which means she is totally properly into her boyfriend) or she'll be even closer to you, which means u have a shot. If this happens and u get closer ask her if she's seeing anyone and how long for and stuff, cuz for all you know they've only been dating a little while and it's hardly serious.

It's a risk, but ur gonna have to take it to know where u stand and how things are gonna be in the future without getting into the 'friend zone'

Leave it, she has a bf. If it so happens you still wanna be with her and the miracle of all miracles happen and she breaks up with her bf then don't spend too much time with her.

Thats how to avoid the friendzone

ReputationRep:
    you met her - She's cool - You like her - No one cares

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Soooo

Ive met this really cool, friendly girl who is v.pretty and has just started at the place that I work, and from the short amount of time that Ive known her and got talking to her shes made an impression on me and I have taken a shine to her.

Thing is, I added her on fb and found out that she has a BF , she was really smiley and friendly when I met her, and she was very approachable, Im usually very shy around attractive girls but for some reason I was very confident with her, flirting and generally having a good time, and waves and smiles when I say hello to her.

Now what do I do? I dont want to fall into the friend zone, but i also want to get to know her, but dont want to back off so much that I lose contact or become nothing more of an acquaintance, bad thing is ive only just recently gotten over someone who has turned me down, and meeting her has been like a breath of fresh air, it was nice to meet someone who was awesome as the girl ive just got over.

Im confuzzled :-S (I obviously cant let me feelings known as ive only just met her, but she has made an impression on me, especially her personality and im not going to be a ******* and try and break them up cos i would hate that to happen to me)
    con...fuzzled?

any other advice on what to, mainly i wana avoid the friendzone so if she does break up with her bf im out of the friendzone and hav more of a shot than if i were already deemed a friend.

Stay away, but still talk but not so much that i become a friend or....

ReputationRep:
    You will become that guy that gets none, and that she runs to to ***** about guys treating her like ****.

Welcome to the friend zone.

(Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    You will become that guy that gets none, and that she runs to to ***** about guys treating her like ****.

Welcome to the friend zone.
    ok so every time a girl meets a guy they friendzone him, yh ok, ive only just met her. i wanted advice on how to avoid it. or what to do as in telling her my feelings or that shes made an impression on me

ReputationRep:
    ok so every time a girl meets a guy they friendzone him, yh ok, ive only just met her. i wanted advice on how to avoid it. or what to do as in telling her my feelings or that shes made an impression on me
    The point, braheim, is that you can't bang her because she's taken (depends on how strong their relationship is, but anyway), and you're forced to spend time around her. You will inevitably become friends.

Don't tell her any crap like that, it'll freak her out.

But who knows. I'm not exactly an expert on all that relationship bull.

The point, braheim, is that you can't bang her because she's taken (depends on how strong their relationship is, but anyway), and you're forced to spend time around her. You will inevitably become friends.

Don't tell her any crap like that, it'll freak her out.

But who knows. I'm not exactly an expert on all that relationship bull.
    cos we work together its inevitable we'll become friends?? shes sooooo pretty and a friendly person!! id chop my arm off to just get a date with her!! Curse my luck, its always taken or not interested with me

If only she was single. Damnit, never had a gf and the one time that someone makes an impression on me from the off and shes taken lol.

ReputationRep:
    cos we work together its inevitable we'll become friends?? shes sooooo pretty and a friendly person!! id chop my arm off to just get a date with her!! Curse my luck, its always taken or not interested with me

If only she was single. Damnit, never had a gf and the one time that someone makes an impression on me from the off and shes taken lol.
    Look, why not be friends with her? If she's cool and you like spending time with each other, just hang out. It could end well

Look, why not be friends with her? If she's cool and you like spending time with each other, just hang out. It could end well
    so just get to know each other and see how it goes haha (suggestive wink says so lol)

ReputationRep:
    so just get to know each other and see how it goes haha (suggestive wink says so lol)
    Why not, you got absolutely nothing to lose.

Just don't go 'baby I love you and want to get all up in that'

ReputationRep:
    She has a boyfriend, and just because she's friendly and smiles when you're around her doesn't mean she's interested in being your girl. Get to know her, become friends with her. If you get lucky they'll break up and you'll be there, either that or she'll cheat on him.

But seriously, you like the girl, that's great, you don't have to jump into a relationship with her by the end of the week. These things take time man.

bump

ReputationRep:
    You're on the Highway to the Friend Zone

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.