Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I met her - shes cool - I like her watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    you can just be really good friends... theres no problem/complications with that?

(Original post by NPhere)
    you can just be really good friends... theres no problem/complications with that?
    shes made an immediate impression on me, and I like her, so I would like to talk to her and be her friend, but i dont wana be friends if that makes sense but i have to as she has a bf, but I dont want to be relegated to the friendzone either, but i wont come on strong or break her and her bf up. ahhh its complicated Maybe itll never be easy for me, as they are always not interested or taken haha

ReputationRep:
    Just flirt with her lots and imply you like her. If her relationship isn't strong, you'll get to kiss her and touch her and make her feel like no man has ever before. If she likes her boyfriend, atleast she knows you want her and when the bf goes then you can get on that. If she loves him, than tough ****, nothing'll get in the way of that. Nothing should.

(Original post by keira)
    Just flirt with her lots and imply you like her. If her relationship isn't strong, you'll get to kiss her and touch her and make her feel like no man has ever before. If she likes her boyfriend, atleast she knows you want her and when the bf goes then you can get on that. If she loves him, than tough ****, nothing'll get in the way of that. Nothing should.
    wont that insult her tho, that im trying it on even tho i know that she has a bf? i dont want to do that.

also how would i imply that i like her??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    wont that insult her tho, that im trying it on even tho i know that she has a bf? i dont want to do that.

also how would i imply that i like her??
    why would she be insulted? girls in this situation are flattered or excited. if they're serious with their boyfriend they'll let you down gently, else she'll let you carry on.

just meet up and chat and get friendly and close but when you talk to her, make lots of eye contact. this is what the rest of the world call 'chemistry'. I've talked to girls on the street, like those donation collectors, and eye contact turns them to mush, srsly. Then just mention she has really pretty lips or something. Not too pervily or crudely, just drop them in. If you're smooth, she'll giggle and blush. It's in your hands man, make it happen.

(Original post by keira)
    why would she be insulted? girls in this situation are flattered or excited. if they're serious with their boyfriend they'll let you down gently, else she'll let you carry on.

just meet up and chat and get friendly and close but when you talk to her, make lots of eye contact. this is what the rest of the world call 'chemistry'. I've talked to girls on the street, like those donation collectors, and eye contact turns them to mush, srsly. Then just mention she has really pretty lips or something. Not too pervily or crudely, just drop them in. If you're smooth, she'll giggle and blush. It's in your hands man, make it happen.
    compliments and eye contact, and I thought she woulda been insulted or something, I think she may know that I like her anyway as i'm smiley around her and everyone has noticed that I like her - and shes smiley back and willing to create conversation also she was complimenting me the other day after knowing me for not so long, like I'm a (mention a school) boy me, - was you grammer stream (in like a jokey flirty way if that makes sense) i was like why you say that think i look attractive then? You come across as very intelligent (my name) *smiles*

ReputationRep:
    compliments and eye contact, and I thought she woulda been insulted or something, I think she may know that I like her anyway as i'm smiley around her and everyone has noticed that I like her - and shes smiley back and willing to create conversation also she was complimenting me the other day after knowing me for not so long, like I'm a (mention a school) boy me, - was you grammer stream (in like a jokey flirty way if that makes sense) i was like why you say that think i look attractive then? You come across as very intelligent (my name) *smiles*
    bump this thread when you poke her. do good.

ReputationRep:
    Really cool, friendly girl who is v.pretty ... she has a BF ... I'm not going to be a ******* and try and break them up cos i would hate that to happen to me)
    Good because it ain't gonna happen son. See her as a friend yourself from now on, concentrate on girls who are more attainable/single!- it sounds as though you're setting your heart on mission impossible

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Good because it ain't gonna happen son. See her as a friend yourself from now on, concentrate on girls who are more attainable/single!- it sounds as though you're setting your heart on mission impossible
    that in itself is kinda hard, as i like her, just dont want to fall into the friendzone as you dont meet a girl like I have everyday!!! Shes different, shes awesome!!!

Though id have to figure out a way to be her friend, maybe just a good friend, flirt a little and see if she flirts back.

ReputationRep:
    that in itself is kinda hard, as i like her, just dont want to fall into the friendzone
    Unless you're very lucky, or have some edgeyness about you/an addictive personality, with chicks like you're invariably gonny get friendzoned whether you want to or not sorry.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're very lucky, or have some edgeyness about you/an addictive personality, with chicks like you're invariably gonny get friendzoned whether you want to or not sorry.. :rolleyes:
    Girls cheat all the time. What world are you living in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keira)
    Girls cheat all the time. What world are you living in
    I've never come across a hottie who's considered it worthwhile to cop off with a guy like this sorry luv, what'd be the point in that?

Invariably they keep lads like this (the hanger on'ers) close, without ever taking it there, for support and the occasional self-esteem boost :rolleyes:

Also he sounds like a relatively moral character and has made it clear he doesn't want to encourage her to have illicit relations with him, even if it were possible, which, plainly, it ain't :holmes:

I, my dear, am living in the real world..

P.S. Apparently I was wrong to try to encourage you out of switching from medicine to the city - given the wreckless/mercenary nature of your (normative) comment above I now have greater confidence that you'd fit in with the self-serving IB set, you go girl!

ReputationRep:
    I've never come across a hottie who's considered it worthwhile to cop off with a guy like this sorry luv, what'd be the point in that?

Invariably they keep lads like this (the hanger on'ers) close, without ever taking it there, for support and the occasional self-esteem boost :rolleyes:

Also he sounds like a relatively moral character and has made it clear he doesn't want to encourage her to have illicit relations with him, even if it were possible, which, plainly, it ain't :holmes:

I, my dear, am living in the real world..

P.S. Apparently I was wrong to try to encourage you out of switching from medicine to the city - given the wreckless/mercenary nature of your (normative) comment above I now have greater confidence that you'd fit in with the self-serving IB set, you go girl!
    Patronising sexist arse, your understanding of females is practically nil.

ReputationRep:
    If eventually you do manage to pull her away from her boyfriend, whats the chances that someone will just pull her away from you? Find someone else man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keira)
    Patronising sexist arse, your understanding of females is practically nil
    Patronising I will accept, sexist though? Care to expand on that'n or are we just throwing buzzwords around in a bit of a strop because we got owned?

I do not profess to understand all females, however I've known/spoken to a fair few young people over the years, male and female, so I do feel able to speak from experience with a reasonable degree of authority on this matter aye

(Original post by HKDSP)
    If eventually you do manage to pull her away from her boyfriend, whats the chances that someone will just pull her away from you? Find someone else man
    An addendum I was tempted to make myself, particularly where not very confident/experienced guys are concerned - if the chances of them wrestling a hottie from a boyfriend are slim, the chance of them hanging onto her are even slimmer :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Patronising I will accept, sexist though?

I do not profess to understand all females, however I've known/spoken to a fair few young people, male and female, over the years so I do feel able to speak from experience with a reasonable degree of authority on this matter aye
    nah. you're wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keira)
    nah. you're wrong
    ..guess that answers my question :h:

[IMG]http://wii.kombo.com/images/content/misc/blurb_quit_your_*****ing.jpg[/IMG]

..and 'jog on luv'..

Yh but the question is to avoid the friendzone if she ever does break up with her boyf!! Thats all im coming from here, avoiding the friendzone, its happened many times before and i dont want it to happen again!! Why should every fit girl that I meet "Inevitably" as someone so elegantly put it, should end up in the friendzone??
    How does one avoid that without breaking them up, as one poster said, if i can make it happen then surely someone else could to me.

ReputationRep:
    Friend zone's not that bad, just don't talk to her TOO much and maintain an interesting, elusive image.

(Original post by Arekkusu)
    Friend zone's not that bad, just don't talk to her TOO much and maintain an interesting, elusive image.
    it is ive been in it, ive slept in it, ive eaten in it, ive practically lived in it for the past 20 years, i want to get out of the friendzone with girls that i meet who potentially would be partners!!! lol , so just maintain an elusive interesting image and i can stay out of this hell hole with this girl lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.