Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I overreacting about this? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Last weekend I spent the day in Princess Gardens just chatting and chilling with my friends and later we went to a gig.We all had great fun and said we would get started proper revision the next day.That was monday and I've been revising since then and havent spoke to many people apart from the occasional hello on Facebook.

I signed on today and felt like having a break from revision for an evening and was about to ask if anyone wanted to do anything,and saw on the most recent posts from people saying 'meet at so and so's house at 5.30 okay?' and 'have you got the outfits for so and so's thing?'

Clearly something has been planned and is happening and I'm not invited.I just feel hurt as I thought everything was okay.

ReputationRep:
    Invite yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Ask them.

Then slap them with your boobs.

WIN WIN

ReputationRep:
    Are you normally invited? Don't mean to sound mean to that.. but i do assume your hurt because this is a one off? your usually invited?

I'm sure nothing is wrong, if you really have been 'hid away' (no facebook, texts etc) for a few days, it's not completely wrong of them to assume you'd rather carry on.. it happens i guess.

ReputationRep:
    So, because you don't get invited to everything, you're pissed off? Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    They might not have wanted to disturb you. Seen as your revising and only give the occasional hello they might have thought it best to leave you alone. You could call up one of your mates and ask what they're up to, and if they lie about what they're up to then... i will keep an eye out for a thread titled 'My so called friends are *****es.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    So, because you don't get invited to everything, you're pissed off? Grow up.
    shows you're not close enough to anyone... it's pretty normal to feel hurt if your friends haven't bothered to invite you.

ReputationRep:
    this happened to me recently, because i wasn't hanging out with my friends through chance, when a part was arranged. and i was very very upset.
    but you can try talking to them, saying something like "hey, im in need of a break, whats every one doing tonight?". make it obvious you want to join in.
    or do something with just you and a friend. theres no need to feel left out if your having way much more fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonperson)
    shows you're not close enough to anyone... it's pretty normal to feel hurt if your friends haven't bothered to invite you.
    Because I wouldn't be upset if I didn't get invited to something when I told my friends I'd be at home revision means I'm "not close enough to anyone"? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: whats the problem?

You've not been in contact with anyone because you were revising, so it's quite obvious that things would have been planned without you knowing...maybe they assumed you were busy, just ask one of your friends about it.

If it's on FB then it's not like anyone is trying to hide it from you, it's there for everyone else to see.

I bet its a surprise party for you and you've just ruined it.

Good one...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys.I have been busy with revision but I just worried they didnt like me for some reason.I'm paranoid.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.