Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Alright, im doing AS level AQA Geography and I'm trying to find a way of remembering all of the processes and formations of landforms for cold environments and rivers but it isn't sticking in my head!

Is there any other ways other than just reading the text book, that can help me to remember how different landforms are created, e.g formation of a meander?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Draw diagrams showing the different stages in it?
    I found that it helped me a lot if I could visualise in my head how the landform was made.

ReputationRep:
    I do AQA AS Geography do, but I do coasts instead of cold enviroments

What I did is draw big diagrams, heavily annotated and i photocopied them and basically have stuck them everywhere and around the house, so I can't escape them! I also put them on little flashcards I made from blank card, and whenever I have a spare moment I look at them (e.g. on the train, just before bed etc) to try and get it stuck in my memory.

Do you do Energy Issues for your other topic?

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I did AS geo last year and i drew up a big table on A3 paper with diagrams and explanations/descriptions of each landform and stuck it on my wall. I got 100 ums in the end!

ReputationRep:
    Draw lots of diagrams and annotate them with notes, and use lots of colour if you can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie038)
    I do AQA AS Geography do, but I do coasts instead of cold enviroments

What I did is draw big diagrams, heavily annotated and i photocopied them and basically have stuck them everywhere and around the house, so I can't escape them! I also put them on little flashcards I made from blank card, and whenever I have a spare moment I look at them (e.g. on the train, just before bed etc) to try and get it stuck in my memory.

Do you do Energy Issues for your other topic?

Hope this helps
    Cheers for the tips, I'll try them out. erm, I'm doing rivers for my other topic, which is easy so thats .:cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 15, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.