Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am a year 11 IB student, 1 year left . We didn't start any project. We didn't start ITGS, Business, Math, TOK, project. I don't know if it is the same with all of you guys. The teachers are suffering with the projects , I don't know what will happen.

The school told us you need to do CAS, Projects, EE, and Revise in the summer. Also we didn't finish any of the subjects I am doing.

"This is the first year of year 1 diploma".

My question is "How do you manage your time in summer?"

Could someone share with us his opinion, and experience.

ReputationRep:
    I vowed to do huge amounts of work, instead I played huge amounts of chess and did no work.

And it was time well spent.

ReputationRep:
    You're still in your first year? In the summer of mine I only did my Extended Essay, coursework for English Business and Maths and planned to do CAS project but didn't. I didn't do any revision.

ReputationRep:
    Do a draft of your EE.
    Finish CAS stuff.
    Revise for any hard science (ie Physics) if you are struggling with the course so far.

My three recommendations. Otherwise, relax. You deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate your advice brothers and sisters,

What about the internal assessments?? and TOK essay?

The main problem is we didn't start anything at all with the assesment!

In CAS I am doing well, and I am struggling in some subjects and I will cover it at the summer like what "The Man of the Hour" said.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I remember I did absolutely nothing IB related over the summer between year1 and year2.... :P

ReputationRep:
    Badly.... All I did was my world lit one, in the last fortnight of the holidays... that led to a lot of late nights between the summer and Christmas

I'd say get as much CAS done as you can, try and get a decent draft of your EE (or at least finish reading any books you need to do), and read any books/poems/plays that are in your English syllabus.

But don't work yourself too hard. It's the last proper break you'll get for a year, make the most of it.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.