Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    Wouldnt worry about that mate, Queens has everything from Sinn Fein, SDLP, UUP, DUP students and people who just dont care. I'd say most hurley heads go to Jordanstown anyway, and the wee bitter Republicans just commute from West Belfast.
    Cheers Jim-ie good to hear that one side is not totally dominant over the other.everyone should welcome a wide variety of political/religious views at uni and of course not expect those who don't give a damn to get involved, just because they were christened in a different church.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by postmanpat1)
    Cheers Jim-ie good to hear that one side is not totally dominant over the other.everyone should welcome a wide variety of political/religious views at uni and of course not expect those who don't give a damn to get involved, just because they were christened in a different church.
    to be honest mate queens isnt that political anyway most people would rather go out on the pish. in saying that i didnt go to qub, but most of my mates did and ive partied with the best and worst of qub

the only thing id be wary of if i was a protestant would be living in the holylands, its full of hurley heads from tyrone who go buck mad during the week then go home to get fed and have their weekly wash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    to be honest mate queens isnt that political anyway most people would rather go out on the pish. in saying that i didnt go to qub, but most of my mates did and ive partied with the best and worst of qub

the only thing id be wary of if i was a protestant would be living in the holylands, its full of hurley heads from tyrone who go buck mad during the week then go home to get fed and have their weekly wash.
    Haha!I think I know that type-the students who go crazy on St Patrick's, burn the union jack and chant 'up the RA', right? I was hopin 2 get stay at Elms village for the first yr anyway, but don't know if I'll get offered a room yet.Apparently international and mainland students are offered first before NI ones so maybe I'll have look elsewhere.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.