Why do people turn towards homosexuality? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Santasballs
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I'm not sure if this qn has ever occured to you guys but im just kinda curious. But i have come up with a list of explanation of what I think..

1. Its a free world
It's a free country. People are more open up nowadays. Gays/Lesbians marriages are being approved in some country. Media exposure also plays a part as some series show do display homo tendencies, which also shows that they tendencies are approved, accepted in today's soceity.

2. It's genetic
Im not sure if theres any gentic or scientific justification that it causes you to be homo. But it is proven that personality is completely genetic. Meaning it's out of control. Which i guess is the same thing of causing you to be homosexual.

3.Environment and upbringing
The environment does play an important part. If your friends are homosexuals or encourage homosexualiy, you would be influenced. Be it your choice or having peer pressure from your friends. However, i think upbringing affects the same way as the environment but people with stable family and lovely childhoods still turn into homosexuals.

4. Understanding of the same sex
Some people may be fed up of failed relationships with the opp sex. They have no confidence in the opp sex. They feel that theya re able to communicate and understand with the same sex better which might evertually lead to homosexuality.

That's all i can come up with so far... If anyone has any opinion, pls voice it out!

Cheers! =)
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
why not?
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
To piss you off.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
have you considered that people don't "turn" but start off that way?
Maskall.
Report 15 years ago
Its because poofs are queer and perverted.
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why do people "turn" straight? Being gay isn't some kind of illness or cult.
Maskall.
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
Why do people "turn" straight? Being gay isn't some kind of illness.
It is it is a mental illness in many parts of the world
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Maskall.)
It is it is a mental illness in many parts of the world
It was defined as one in america and britain until a while ago. Now though it's just accepted as a different type of oriontation. Some people just have outdated opinions.
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think he meant 'turn' as in 'accept' homosexuality...the natural assumption is, from birth, a child will be heterosexual. It is up to them to make the conscious decision to embrace homosexuality an i think thats wat's meant by turn...shunning the 'normal' way for the alternative
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Santasballs)
I
2. It's genetic
Im not sure if theres any gentic or scientific justification that it causes you to be homo. But it is proven that personality is completely genetic. Meaning it's out of control. Which i guess is the same thing of causing you to be homosexual.
I really dont know how homosexuality can be genetic.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
I really dont know how homosexuality can be genetic.
I said that a while ago. It can't really be inherited. It could be a mutation though, or a special combination of genes could be required.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Its how theyre born...i dont want to be politcally incorrect but maybe its a genetic defect? Maybe the upbringing influenced sexuality. I disagree with the 'free world' comment...because homosexuality has always been around but the world has not always been 'free'. Also in many countries homosexuality is illegal, however, there are still people who practise it...
Santasballs
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Well, i meant "turn" as in why do people become homosexuals.. like what is the cause? why are they attracted with the same sex?
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Santasballs)
Well, i meant "turn" as in why do people become homosexuals.. like what is the cause? why are they attracted with the same sex?
Why do we "turn" heterosexual?

They find themselves attracted to some people as they get older, just like we do I guess, probably around the same time.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
why do people make a fuss bout this? loads of animals are gay - i watched a programme on it, and the article i read on on it in new scientist a few years ago claimed homosexuality was as old as time.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
why do people make a fuss bout this? loads of animals are gay - i watched a programme on it, and the article i read on on it in new scientist a few years ago claimed homosexuality was as old as time.
Precisely, but who really cares to be honest.

Okay, the issue of gay dogs is funny when you see it on South Park and the "Dress your gay dog" game, but it's serious, some dogs are gay like some guys are gay.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)

Okay, the issue of gay dogs is funny when you see it on South Park and the "Dress your gay dog" game, but it's serious, some dogs are gay like some guys are gay.
Two gay men are walking along and see a dog licking its balls. One of them says to the other "I wish I could do that". The other replies "It would probably bite you".

I'm sorry but your post just made me think of that joke for some reason.
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Two gay men are walking along and see a dog licking its balls. One of them says to the other "I wish I could do that". The other replies "It would probably bite you".

I'm sorry but your post just made me think of that joke for some reason.
that was poor
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
you're right - homosexuality isnt a new thing, and has been around for ages. But its only recently that it has been accepted by society.

Personally, I think that its caused by environmental factors, eg upbringing.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)

the prog i watched wa on safari animals such as big manyly lions and tigers, and not so manly but spindly giraffes...the pictures were quite funny.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads