The Student Room Group

No friends :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
rubbish isnt it? I feel like im wasting my youth. Just sitting at home, wishing i had a couple of decent friends to go to the pub with or something. Ive never even been to a pub. :frown:

I wouldn't be too jealous of having been to a pub. if you go at night it's extremely loud, you have to lip read if you want to talk to someone. But it is nice going in a group, don't know why, it just is.

Not sure how to put it, but do you find your always trying to find fault with yourself? In this last year I've cut my hair short (used to be a foot long), completely changed my clothes (used to wear baggy clothes, now i wear black jeans and chekckered shirts). I'm always trying to improve myself in some way, I'm going to start going to the gym next. What happens if I have a good haircut/good clothes/keep fit and still can't make friends though?

All my hopes pinned on meeting people at uni right now. Until then i was thinking about going on holiday...by myself. Apparently there are online communities of people who would normally go by themselves but you all group up together. It might just be old people though, maybe there's some with people my age, i don't know.
(edited 13 years ago)
Do you like Trance music? I'll be your friend :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Anon please, or delete.
Im a 19 year old girl....and basically have no friends. I have acquatences (sorry, no idea how to spell it)....but no one i could meet up with. I used to have a sort of best friend, but she got wrapped up in having a boyfriend, and going to clubs with other friends, which im never invited to. Im quite jealous really, never had a boyf or been to a club. I feel so isolated all the time. I dont get on well with family, and im only happy when im at work, even though its a small shop and i dont really get to work with other members of staff. Sorry this is such a rant, but i feel physically sick at the thought of being so alone all summer. Has anyone felt like this before?? How did they get out of this rut? Please, any advice is welcome. Oh and i cant really go out with people from work, as there in their 30's...

Are you at uni? If so is there any societies that you can join? As this will help you meet people who have similar interests, you could invite them to a pub or meal. If not at uni is there any sports or hobbies clubs that you can join, as this will help you find people around the same age that you can go out with. At times, I have felt like this because again I have more or less all acquaintences then friends. PM if you want to talk, :smile:
Reply 23
You can be my friend.
OP pm me, I can help you out =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending