Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elponchis_LOL)
    hmm your right, just being pedantic i spose
    it says currency are fixed between members of EU in tutor2u toolkit so i think you can use the word 'fixed'
    Not being pedantic the two things have differences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loki276)
    I do but the two are seperate things. One is the eurozone wheras fixed would be something like the erm. The two share some similar qualities but are massively different
    Yeah in reality it's floating against other currencies but in reality it might aswell be fixed for all the members in the eurozone as they can't influence it in order to make theirselves more competitive etc. Only the ECB can do this..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bijesh12)
    Whats a Two Speed Euro Area ?
    Where there are variations between economies in the average growth. The core grows steadily and fast (northern economies) while the PIIGS are left behind and become re-intergrated and struggle to converge !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xChelsea)
    Yeah in reality it's floating against other currencies but in reality it might aswell be fixed for all the members in the eurozone as they can't influence it in order to make theirselves more competitive etc. Only the ECB can do this..
    what he means is there is nothing for it to be fixed against beccause its the same currency

ReputationRep:
    Last q gonna be on:

discuss the extent to which trade lib benefits developing countries?

or

discuss the impact of trade lib on developing countries

ANY1 GOT ANY ESSAY PLANS ON THIS?

ReputationRep:
    what he means is there is nothing for it to be fixed against beccause its the same currency
    Yeah i get what you mean.
    There's two different arguments i suppose..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajayhp)
    Last q gonna be on:

discuss the extent to which trade lib benefits developing countries?

or

discuss the impact of trade lib on developing countries

ANY1 GOT ANY ESSAY PLANS ON THIS?
    yeah i've got an essay plan on it. i'll message you it?
    and, do you have any other predictions / essay plans for the other questions?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i get what you mean.
    There's two different arguments i suppose..
    you bothered learning NAIRU and phillips curve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiicaa_m)
    message me aswell please !

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot more problems with a fixed exchange rate than the single currency. So no it may not as well be fixed

ReputationRep:
    yh ok, ty

ReputationRep:
    you bothered learning NAIRU and phillips curve?
    Not really, didn't know what they were till earlier.
    I just briefly know what they are.
    e.g. to the extent there's a trade off between unemployment and inflation which is shown on the Phillips Curve. (Don't know the diagram though)

& NAIRU is the number of people without work which is necessary at a particular time to prevent inflation.

ReputationRep:
    are the govt. deficit and budget deficit the same ? in the toolkit both are different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frabbar)
    Good advice! But how are you so good at economics? Have you been puting in solid work all year round or is your teacher really good?
    Just got a general interest in economics

ReputationRep:
    could you message me them aswell please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bijesh12)
    I also would think that higher the interest rates, there would be hot money flows in the form of FDI's,due to the higher returns.

I think if a country recives FDI,from a developing country it may open up to trade from the receiving country.
    Thanks for the help, but i don't understand what you said, I'm french.
    Do you mind explaining it in other words, sorry

ReputationRep:
    do u mind sendin it to me toooo
    =)

ReputationRep:
    do you mind sending me it too please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nini27)
    do you mind sending me it too please?
    Why not just post it on here? that way everyone can see it

ReputationRep:
    Actually forgot to mention this before, but although there isn't a exchange rate for members to trade with one another. There is still a real exchange rate just no nominal one

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.