Turn on thread page Beta

Strangest experience with a stranger!~ watch

ReputationRep:
    so op lives with some emo kid. cool story sis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Fish)
    Whats the story about the Magic Bus Lady, shes got loads of videos on youtube, seems real educated, but then lugs around like 10 suitcases all day????????
    I'm not really sure. We saw her once and she told us she was going to hand her CV in at the BBC building, but then a few days later we saw her asleep at a bus stop after we'd been on a night out...

She always stands on the bus shouting stuff, or talking to people and handing out leaflets, I've got about 50...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    i just honestly havent felt the need to talk to him. i probably will, im sure there is going to be a time very soon, where one of us feels the need to talk, but its actually quite scary. i dont know if speaking would tarnish how perfect this has been all these months..
    I think you should marry him

ReputationRep:
    This guy once wanted to pay me to take his phone number... :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    A great thing about living in London is the sheer number of weird encounters.

We have a local crack-head who either tells you she needs to buy milk for her baby, that she's been stabbed, shot, mugged and raped (or some variation thereof), or tries to prostitute herself to you. The first time I met her it was a little intimidating, but now my flatmates and I take bets on which tactic she'll use.

I've had an older lady on the bus start yelling at me because I was sat in a priority seat. She was sat next to me, and everyone else had seats too. I tried to explain to her that I would gladly give up my seat if someone looked like they needed it, but she carried on.

I also once saw a guy flash an old lady in a train tunnel. I started heading towards him when the woman calmly said "If that's all you've got mate, I wouldn't bother showing it off." Legend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    i just honestly havent felt the need to talk to him. i probably will, im sure there is going to be a time very soon, where one of us feels the need to talk, but its actually quite scary. i dont know if speaking would tarnish how perfect this has been all these months..
    fair enough i understand exactly what you mean. just if you still haven't spoken when you move out, it'll be really sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatemylife)
    Well this doesn't really compare to other posts, but weirdest thing is seeing a stranger all the time. It's actually embarrassing now when we see each other, recognise each other and proceeed not to break eye contact as we pass each other without muttering a word or even smiling. Oh, and we're both guys :lolwut: What's even more weird is that despite the fact we've never spoken, I know his name and a worrying amount about his life :unsure: because he popped up on a photo a friend commented on and I recognised him.

Bad enough walking into a library and seeing him, walking down the street seeing him, getting on a bus seeing him - 7 months later without seeing each other, guess who should walk past the restaurant window in a completely different town on a random night...

Next time I shall walk past like this :hi:
    For anyone who read my post ^ - Saw him again today :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nizzay!)
    When I used to go on the bus, this guy would randomly to chat to me about concrete and cement. And he would use to wave at the construction guys as we were passing by like 'heyyyyyy'.

Thank God I drive now.
    There's a man on one of our main buses in my town who does that, except with buses. And does the whole hello thing but to any bus that passes by. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humble_bumble)
    There's a man on one of our main buses in my town who does that, except with buses. And does the whole hello thing but to any bus that passes by. :lolwut:
    There was a bus driver on one of my college buses last year and he'd wave at EVERYONE: pedestrians, cars buses cyclists and when you got on the bus he'd say hello to everyone getting on and then he say thank you b'bye to everyone getting off

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.