Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Strangest experience with a stranger!~ watch

Announcements

I was in the library at uni, in the food and drink section on the bottom floor (where you can talk as well) and I was eating a sandwich while reading one of my books that I'd bought for my course.

A tiny old man in a tweed jacket came over and told me off for eating and I was like 'BUT IT'S THE FOOD AND DRINK SECTION D:' and he tutted at me and then told me off for defacing the books with crumbs. I then told him that it was my book, and he tutted again and walked off...But not before telling off two girls for talking in the talking section...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    It's a miracle.

It's that lovely girl I talked to

P.S. - I don't have long.
    insensitive as **** arent you.

ReputationRep:
    One day I was about to get the bus in Manchester, when Magic Bus Lady (this woman that goes on the buses all the time, and hands out leaflets, and is a bit of a local legend really) stopped and talked to me for about 10 minutes.

She told me I seemed like a lovely girl and she liked my necklace, asked me what I was doing at uni, I said Biomed, and she told me about her son that did Medicine at Manchester.

Then she asked me if I got any feelings, like if I was psychic too. I told her I didn't think so...

Next time I saw her, I don't think she recognised me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyler.)
    Your flatmate is Mr Bean?

Mine was on a train back to Euston after visiting a friend at Manchester uni. A girl got on at Wigan the train was so packed as it was the last train she sat next to me and we got talking because of the book I was reading. The train broke down just outside Crewe we ended up getting a few drinks together waiting for a Coach replacement service to be put on, a few drinks later we decided to get a hotel room, we didn't have sex. We just laughed, cuddled and kissed all night we got a train together the next morning she ended up falling asleep with her head on my lap because we hadn't slept. To cut a long story short we exchanged numbers she put herself in my phone as "That girl". Later that night I lost my phone in a club, I didn't even tell me her name, she said she would tell me if we ever met again. It was just really really weird.
    Awww this made me smile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    insensitive as **** arent you.
    Yeah, seriously. Unless, of course, it's actually the lady, in which case I'm being insensitive.

Anyhow, are you planning on saying anything to your friend?

ReputationRep:
    How can you live with someone and never talk to them? Love that story though
    I was in town with my bf once and this old man told us that we'd have beautiful children.

ReputationRep:
    Strangest for me is when someone pinches my arse, if only it got weirder...

ReputationRep:
    I was sitting at the bus stop once and some randoma crazy irish lady came over and spoke to me and my sister for ages about contraception and how important it is and how we should be thankful we've got condoms cos back in the old days they were made of china........... i think she made that up.

There's hundreds more that i can think of right now

ReputationRep:
    I got negged for the cat got PWNED post.

LOL! it deserved it, I lvoe cats but cat devils are a bit too much.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Pretty cute! Bless you both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Count Stefular)
    Weirdest thing was playing twister with these commuters on the tube. Ah good times

WOW that sounds like fun!

ReputationRep:
    I was sitting on a bench in Manchester and an old lady came and sat next to me. It was Summer and I was wearing quite short shorts - she kept staring at my legs then suddenly ran her finger up my thigh (really high!) and said "oooh you like that don't you"

I didn't know what to do/say so I calmly got up and walked away

ReputationRep:
    I was in subway once, this guy behind me asked what i was getting i said turkey. then he said im getting the spicey meatballs, cant help but feeling he was trying to tell me something.

ReputationRep:
    A load of us were making our way drunkenly back from a club in Sydney and stopped in a McDonalds. Me and a mate got talking to this sailor who'd sat at our table. We had this huge argument about his tattoo, which he kept insisting was a sparrow, which he told us was the bird of sailors. It was quite clearly a swallow :/ Felt really bad for the poor guy, it was really visible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyler.)
    later that night i lost my phone in a club
    NOOOOOOOOOO! :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    One morning I had a KILLER hangover and had to go into town to get some passport photo's done. When I got on the same street as the place I needed to be, some johoseph witness (aka god-lovers) walked around the corner and started talking to me about God for at least 15-20 minutes. My body language and facial expression must have been a picture as there were cars and people walking past laughing at my misfortune...

ReputationRep:
    On one of those little trains once, you know the ones that go round the zoo or something with the tiny carriages, this elderly French man starting touching my leg and muttering to himself.
    Last week in Asda, some man started shouting at my mum for "stealing the last reduced to clear Lurpack" It wasn't even the last one :/

ReputationRep:
    Once I was in the middle of Newcastle city centre with 2 of my friends and a tramp came over. He gave us a book and 2 Crazy Bones (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...es_-_Token.JPG) and told us we were the 3 chosen ones.

Was pretty fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyler.)
    Your flatmate is Mr Bean?

Mine was on a train back to Euston after visiting a friend at Manchester uni. A girl got on at Wigan the train was so packed as it was the last train she sat next to me and we got talking because of the book I was reading. The train broke down just outside Crewe we ended up getting a few drinks together waiting for a Coach replacement service to be put on, a few drinks later we decided to get a hotel room, we didn't have sex. We just laughed, cuddled and kissed all night we got a train together the next morning she ended up falling asleep with her head on my lap because we hadn't slept. To cut a long story short we exchanged numbers she put herself in my phone as "That girl". Later that night I lost my phone in a club, I didn't even tell me her name, she said she would tell me if we ever met again. It was just really really weird.
    its heartbreaking. and beautiful. explosions are lovely because they're short lived.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.