Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Strangest experience with a stranger!~ watch

ReputationRep:
    I was on a school trip in Stratford when a random Hare Krishna came and gave me and my friends a Hare Krishna book then walked off. That was odd.

ReputationRep:
    Can't help but think that some of these posts are complete bull****.

ReputationRep:
    Well this doesn't really compare to other posts, but weirdest thing is seeing a stranger all the time. It's actually embarrassing now when we see each other, recognise each other and proceeed not to break eye contact as we pass each other without muttering a word or even smiling. Oh, and we're both guys :lolwut: What's even more weird is that despite the fact we've never spoken, I know his name and a worrying amount about his life :unsure: because he popped up on a photo a friend commented on and I recognised him.

Bad enough walking into a library and seeing him, walking down the street seeing him, getting on a bus seeing him - 7 months later without seeing each other, guess who should walk past the restaurant window in a completely different town on a random night...

Next time I shall walk past like this :hi:

ReputationRep:
    I have had an old man say I look like his dead wife and an old man play a stereo at a bus stop and telling me to dance.

it wasnt really a stranger.. because we were there to go to the same "conference" thing if thats what you call it... we spent the whole night walking around leeds, eating, walking into random student accomodation and having really deep conversations about life, and upbringing .. i can't remember her name but she was really posh and from York, and was a self-confessed ***** who wanted me to help her make other people understand her. she promised she would ring me, but i i cant remember what happened.. i realised i wanted to go home so left for the train at like 7am the next morning.. i never saw her again.

ReputationRep:
    An old woman at a bus stop gave me a hug and told me "Everything is going to be alright" because my eyes were all puffy and my nose was red when all I had was really bad hay fever.
    I appreciated the sentiment anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Can't help but think that some of these posts are complete bull****.
    LOL... i think so.. social anonymity and an overactive imagination

ReputationRep:
    Exiting a stranger's vagina covered in blood and with a long plastic tube extruding from my belly button. Awkward.

ReputationRep:
    wow this is strange. is he immortal?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Coming back on a night bus from a concert in London some old geezer started talking to my friend and I, apparently he was a big record exec and had had a VIP box at the 02, then he found out my friend sings and started going on and on about how he would give her a record contract, how he would market her, how successful she'd be. He wouldn't leave it, she eventually got badgered into taking his phone number. When we got home we looked up the record company he supposedly owned and it didn't exist Really weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IPlayThePiccolo)
    WOW that sounds like fun!
    Haha it was, we were broke so just made a picnic and took a few board games and rode the tube from one end to the other trying to make people join in. Actually met some really nice people, you should try it!

ReputationRep:
    There was this guy once and he touched my happy place on the back of the bus.

ReputationRep:
    A guy proposed to me on a bus.

For real.

He almost cried when I told him "No" and ran away.

ReputationRep:
    I was in Edinburgh, and near the train station a woman with a whippet-looking dog were curled up in a dirty flannel, roughing it. She wasn't actively begging, but regardless, I felt it right to help out as she looked really poorly. I went across the road to a bakers (Baynes, I believe, it wasn't Greggs as you'd imagine... more Greggs outlets than there are PEOPLE in Edinburgh). I got a couple of sausage rolls and a cup of tea, and nipped back over to her.

"Hi, are you okay?" I enquired.
    "Oh, hiya, yeah..." she replied.
    "What's your dog's name?"
    "She's called Sheba. She's usually a bit protective so don't clap her."

Fair enough.

"Here, these are for you."

I handed her the food and tea.

"Oh! Oh, thank you for that. You didn't need to do that."

She seemed genuinely pleased to get something to eat and a decent cup of tea. And I felt great for my good deed. She opened up the bag.

"Sausage? Oh, I'm a vegetarian. Sheba can have these though, they won't get wasted."

Beggars, I guess, CAN be choosers. But now I had a bit of a dilemma, it almost seemed like I was TEASING her with the prospect of food. So I asked her,

"What can I get you? They do pasties and sandwiches, cheese ones, do you like cheese?"
    "Oh, really, you've done enough mate, I'm..."
    "No, it's fine, I'll get you a cheese pasty, is that okay?"
    "That'd be great, thank you so much..."

By this point, I figured my good deed had become an awesome deed. Well fed dog, and now a well-fed lady. When I returned, she was accompanied by three others, all men, and they all appeared to be roughing it too.

"This is the guy here. He buys you anything you want. What do you want, John*?"
    "I'll take a steak pie, and crisps if they've got them. I think the other ones just want sausage rolls. Want me to come over and help you carry it?"

Needless to say, I handed the original beggar woman her cheese pasty, and left.

*I write "John", but I can't remember his actual name.

ReputationRep:
    This guy at the gym asked me if i was a virgin and then started telling me how if you have a buff body the girls will be coming running... I was like okay -_-.

ReputationRep:
    A woman stopped me in the middle of the road and told me Jesus loved me, I said thanks for the message :/

ReputationRep:
    A woman on a train started telling me all about how her husband had died and started crying, I didn't really know what to do except pat her on the shoulder :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    We've never spoken.
    I think thats awesome.

I think we've all had drunken conversations on the tube..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhonfranco)
    i was playing on the dance carpet with a friend at the arcade when two girls from behind came and touched sensually our penises....
    that was weird, since they left running!
    We had a week of laughter afterwards me and my friend!
    must have wanted your ****, man.(no homo)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)

"This is the guy here. He buys you anything you want. What do you want, John*?"
    "I'll take a steak pie, and crisps if they've got them. I think the other ones just want sausage rolls. Want me to come over and help you carry it?"

Needless to say, I handed the original beggar woman her cheese pasty, and left.

o_O

I was admiring of your story at first but then your good deed got exploited. I don't know whether I would have bought them food just out of sheer surprise. You would have come back and there would have been even more people!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.