Turn on thread page Beta

Strangest experience with a stranger!~ watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i had dreadlocks and got told off by an old woman for going into the men's toilet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    My flatmate of 7 months is this guy who doesnt talk much to anyone, i only just know his name. but 3 months ago, i heard some noises from his room, so i knocked.
    when i was let in, i noticed that he was crying.

I didnt ask him why or how, i just hugged him. that whole night, we didnt speak at all, he just lay on my lap while i read a book.

since then, every time something is wrong with me, i dont know how he knows, but he comes to me and just sits with me and does his own drawings for a bit. i go sit in his room sometimes too.

We've never spoken.

do you have any interesting experiences to share as well?
    I love this.
    You're bloody awesome for doing that.

I take my hat off to you. :hat2:

And he sounds ****ing great too.

ReputationRep:
    I like your story, very touching For some reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hidden_desire)
    The other day I ordered a chinese takeaway. So, I'm in my robe and pyjamas, my make up has worn away, I look like a literal tramp (the British definition not American :P ) and I open the door to the delivery guy.

So, this young chinese guy hands me the take away asking me numerous times if it was actually my food. I affirmed and handed him my money which was a load of change. He was all like, 'woah, that's a lot of change..'

It was dark in the passage way so he walked in a bit further into the house. He looked at me and said, 'My God, girl, you are beautiful!'

I was like...'Yeah, erm, okay...'

O.o
    this is exactly why so many guys are afraid of talking to girls

he says youre hot, and youre like "ok..."

ok....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    On holiday in Bulgaria, some random man came up to me on the street and asked 'do you worship satan?' I replied no and he said 'oh...you look like one'

O.o It's not like i was walking around dressed as a goth!

ReputationRep:
    Once when i was like 13 some random crack head came up to me and my friend and asked us for a lighter, i said we don't have one.
    she got really angry and started stumbling everywhere.
    We ran.

ReputationRep:
    My flatmate of 7 months is this guy who doesnt talk much to anyone, i only just know his name. but 3 months ago, i heard some noises from his room, so i knocked.

I didnt ask him why or how, i just hugged him. that whole night, we didnt speak at all, he just lay on my lap while i read a book.

since then, every time something is wrong with me, i dont know how he knows, but he comes to me and just sits with me and does his own drawings for a bit. i go sit in his room sometimes too.

We've never spoken.

OP's story is amazing I tried to rep you, but apparently I've already done that recently :P

I haven't had that many wierd experiences with strangers. A lot of the strangest thing has been at my voluntary work with the patients there. But actually the wierdest was one of the agency nurses telling me that I looked 'so peaceful' while I was cleaning, and trying to persuade me to sing for him.

Its not like some stories on here, but mostly just strange because he WASN'T a patient. I'm used to patients saying odd things. But the nurses :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Once whilst walking home from school I had an apple core thrown at me from a passing car. A few weeks after that (also on the way home from school) a man shouted 'stinky!' at me out of a white van. I felt so loved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anabolicminds)
    this is exactly why so many guys are afraid of talking to girls

he says youre hot, and youre like "ok..."

ok....:rolleyes:
    I knew I'd get that response.

I swear down, the only reason I posted this was because it was super strange. Yes, if I'd made myself up or actually THOUGHT that I was looking good that day, it wouldn't be so strange. And I thought, 'er okay' but i thanked him for the compliment.

I guess it's one of those 'you had to be there moments'

I'm not going to lie, it was super polite of him to say such a thing, I was just surprised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsCrackFox)
    I love this.
    You're bloody awesome for doing that.

I take my hat off to you. :hat2:

And he sounds ****ing great too.
    he is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapnHooch)
    So this is what passes for flirting nowadays?
    sad people neg rep.

Cool people pos rep.

Cooler people quote you saying they've ran out of rep for today :lolwut:

ReputationRep:

We've never spoken.

It should be made into a film

(Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
    This is beautiful.

As in just lovely.

I have so many but the stranger who touched me most was a terminally ill woman who was losing her mind.

She was sitting in a cafe in Hampstead talking to herself like ' I told him not to hit me, but he never listened then I stabbed him, yeah that served him right, bloody ****er' litterally ranting to herself VERY LOUDLY infront of everyone. Then she started talking to me :/ took off her scarf and showed me her bald head said her ex husband used to abuse her and now she's dying of cancer and feels she wasted her life, at first it was awkward because everyone in the cafe was looking at how I'd react. I'd normally smile and leg it but she kept talking to me then started crying so I felt bad.

So I gave her a hug and held her hand and we walked to Primrose Hill park together it was really cold but we sat there for about 5 hours and spoke, shared life stories, secrets, EVERYTHING. I told her everything, things I'd never told anyone, childhood, teens, everything. She told me everything. She was dying and wanted to tell someone. We just sat there and spoke. People kept staring at us I was a well dressed teen with a very rough looking bald woman.

After talking for so long she abruptly stood up when it started getting dark (around 4pm) and said 'Thank you I needed to tell someone' and just walked off very fast leaving me there.

Never saw her again.

This was in first year of college, I'll never forget her.
    that brought a tear to my eye!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    I was in Edinburgh, and near the train station a woman with a whippet-looking dog were curled up in a dirty flannel, roughing it. She wasn't actively begging, but regardless, I felt it right to help out as she looked really poorly. I went across the road to a bakers (Baynes, I believe, it wasn't Greggs as you'd imagine... more Greggs outlets than there are PEOPLE in Edinburgh). I got a couple of sausage rolls and a cup of tea, and nipped back over to her.

"Hi, are you okay?" I enquired.
    "Oh, hiya, yeah..." she replied.
    "What's your dog's name?"
    "She's called Sheba. She's usually a bit protective so don't clap her."

Fair enough.

"Here, these are for you."

I handed her the food and tea.

"Oh! Oh, thank you for that. You didn't need to do that."

She seemed genuinely pleased to get something to eat and a decent cup of tea. And I felt great for my good deed. She opened up the bag.

"Sausage? Oh, I'm a vegetarian. Sheba can have these though, they won't get wasted."

Beggars, I guess, CAN be choosers. But now I had a bit of a dilemma, it almost seemed like I was TEASING her with the prospect of food. So I asked her,

"What can I get you? They do pasties and sandwiches, cheese ones, do you like cheese?"
    "Oh, really, you've done enough mate, I'm..."
    "No, it's fine, I'll get you a cheese pasty, is that okay?"
    "That'd be great, thank you so much..."

By this point, I figured my good deed had become an awesome deed. Well fed dog, and now a well-fed lady. When I returned, she was accompanied by three others, all men, and they all appeared to be roughing it too.

"This is the guy here. He buys you anything you want. What do you want, John*?"
    "I'll take a steak pie, and crisps if they've got them. I think the other ones just want sausage rolls. Want me to come over and help you carry it?"

Needless to say, I handed the original beggar woman her cheese pasty, and left.

*I write "John", but I can't remember his actual name.
    Consider your good deed appreciated by me and the dog.

Nice of you though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
    This is beautiful.

As in just lovely.

I have so many but the stranger who touched me most was a terminally ill woman who was losing her mind.

She was sitting in a cafe in Hampstead talking to herself like ' I told him not to hit me, but he never listened then I stabbed him, yeah that served him right, bloody ****er' litterally ranting to herself VERY LOUDLY infront of everyone. Then she started talking to me :/ took off her scarf and showed me her bald head said her ex husband used to abuse her and now she's dying of cancer and feels she wasted her life, at first it was awkward because everyone in the cafe was looking at how I'd react. I'd normally smile and leg it but she kept talking to me then started crying so I felt bad.

So I gave her a hug and held her hand and we walked to Primrose Hill park together it was really cold but we sat there for about 5 hours and spoke, shared life stories, secrets, EVERYTHING. I told her everything, things I'd never told anyone, childhood, teens, everything. She told me everything. She was dying and wanted to tell someone. We just sat there and spoke. People kept staring at us I was a well dressed teen with a very rough looking bald woman.

After talking for so long she abruptly stood up when it started getting dark (around 4pm) and said 'Thank you I needed to tell someone' and just walked off very fast leaving me there.

Never saw her again.

This was in first year of college, I'll never forget her.
    that is lovely. my biggest aim in life is to touch somebody's life as beautifully as one possibly can. you seem to have done it so easily

ReputationRep:
    Strangest experience is probably seeing the same person on my holiday a couple of years ago almost everywhere I went, in the airport last year and then at an open day in November. I honestly don't know how I've remembered her so clearly, it's not like her appearance is distinctive. She just clearly stuck in my mind, although we've never spoke.

ReputationRep:
    OP, this really is something. please tell us all why you havent spoken yet though, it doesnt make much sense

ReputationRep:
    That's actually awesome

ReputationRep:
    That is quite strange, but nice at the same time. Maybe you should talk next time?

I don't have any stranger stories than yours.

I remember one time my friends wanted to go into a club but I didn't have enough money to get in but my friend was so determined to go in she started queuing even though I insisted I didn't have enough money. This man turned around and tried to give me the money, I wouldn't take it so he gave it to my friend to pay for me.

One time I was at a restaurant with some friends and when we came to pay the man told us some other bloke had already paid for us, when we asked who he said he'd already left. The meal came to at least £50.

I was 16 and at a family party. And this 30+ year old came up to me asking to dance, and kissing me on the hand and asking if I wanted a drink. I was too shy but after some persuasion I danced with him and he kept telling me how beautiful I looked and he couldn't believe I was only 16. I then later found out his wife had got really angry and left the party. I didn't even know he had a wife. I had never met him before in my life. CREEEEPO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjane)

i attract some weirdos on the bus, i was coming home from sixth form once and an old man kept looking at me, then he talked really loudly to me and kept asking if i was in college, then he began ranting about potatos and then moaning about his wife.

hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    I was on the bus once and someone decided that my foot was invading their personal space and the woman felt the need to physically move my feet.

She was drunk.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.