Turn on thread page Beta

Strangest experience with a stranger!~ watch

ReputationRep:
    this is amazing
    clearly you're meant to be together.

i sometimes have something happen to me kind of similar- when someone close to me is upset or feeling down i get an urge to contact them or go see if they are ok.
    but these are poeple ive known all my life- for it to happen with a stranger is very unusual.
    e.g i kept thinking of this girl that i hadnt seen since we were young growing up together. Literally hadnt been in contact in years. but this one day i just felt like god i really need to call her.
    Called her, she was in tears on the phone, she'd been diagnosed with bipolar a few weeks before and was having a really low day where she felt like she didnt want to be here anymore.
    i know its cheesey but i do believe there are 'guardian angels' in the world, and at some stage or another you will act as a guardian angel for someone or someone will act as one for you- without sometimes even knowing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ??????????????????)
    salt and pepper crisps. When he finished he said to me 'I don't like salt and pepper. I prefer salt and vinegar',
    I've never heard of salt and pepper crisps before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
    This is beautiful.

As in just lovely.

I have so many but the stranger who touched me most was a terminally ill woman who was losing her mind.

She was sitting in a cafe in Hampstead talking to herself like ' I told him not to hit me, but he never listened then I stabbed him, yeah that served him right, bloody ****er' litterally ranting to herself VERY LOUDLY infront of everyone. Then she started talking to me :/ took off her scarf and showed me her bald head said her ex husband used to abuse her and now she's dying of cancer and feels she wasted her life, at first it was awkward because everyone in the cafe was looking at how I'd react. I'd normally smile and leg it but she kept talking to me then started crying so I felt bad.

So I gave her a hug and held her hand and we walked to Primrose Hill park together it was really cold but we sat there for about 5 hours and spoke, shared life stories, secrets, EVERYTHING. I told her everything, things I'd never told anyone, childhood, teens, everything. She told me everything. She was dying and wanted to tell someone. We just sat there and spoke. People kept staring at us I was a well dressed teen with a very rough looking bald woman.

After talking for so long she abruptly stood up when it started getting dark (around 4pm) and said 'Thank you I needed to tell someone' and just walked off very fast leaving me there.

Never saw her again.

This was in first year of college, I'll never forget her.
    You are such a liar it's not even funny.

ReputationRep:
    Some dude that was a professional 'Shape balloon into whatever' guy on the tube coming back from the west end one saturday night was doing his thing.. made me a balloon sword - that was random but not my strangest ever exp to be fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niclala)
    One day I was about to get the bus in Manchester, when Magic Bus Lady (this woman that goes on the buses all the time, and hands out leaflets, and is a bit of a local legend really) stopped and talked to me for about 10 minutes.

She told me I seemed like a lovely girl and she liked my necklace, asked me what I was doing at uni, I said Biomed, and she told me about her son that did Medicine at Manchester.

Then she asked me if I got any feelings, like if I was psychic too. I told her I didn't think so...

Next time I saw her, I don't think she recognised me

Whats the story about the Magic Bus Lady, shes got loads of videos on youtube, seems real educated, but then lugs around like 10 suitcases all day????????

ReputationRep:
    I'm an old man magnet, I put it down to my sexy legs. I was sat infront of this old man on the bus and he started feeling the back of my hair saying how soft it was.

Another guy stole a toy lamb I brought in for an interview, I was like you *****! He stank of piss I didn't want it back after he practically raped it.

And a guy last week asked me if I wanted to get married, I was flattered but I said unfortunately it wasn't legal.

But anyway that's so sweet... bring in a horoscope next time you sit next to him, that should get the conversation flowing. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatemylife)
    Well this doesn't really compare to other posts, but weirdest thing is seeing a stranger all the time. It's actually embarrassing now when we see each other, recognise each other and proceeed not to break eye contact as we pass each other without muttering a word or even smiling. Oh, and we're both guys :lolwut: What's even more weird is that despite the fact we've never spoken, I know his name and a worrying amount about his life :unsure: because he popped up on a photo a friend commented on and I recognised him.

Bad enough walking into a library and seeing him, walking down the street seeing him, getting on a bus seeing him - 7 months later without seeing each other, guess who should walk past the restaurant window in a completely different town on a random night...

Next time I shall walk past like this :hi:
    Haha oh wow, i was captivated by this post, and by the time i got to the big grin/wave smiley i was laughing so hard i started to cry you've just completed my day. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    On the tube; this girl and I had been sort of eyeing each other. This old man next to me had noticed and so proceeded to whisper into my ear: "You ****ing slacker; I would tap that here and now"

I was like :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobia_s)
    On the tube; this girl and I had been sort of eyeing each other. This old man next to me had noticed and so proceeded to whisper into my ear: "You ****ing slacker; I would tap that here and now"

I was like :lolwut:
    Aaaaahhahahaha i would have high fived him so hard!

ReputationRep:
    Lot of weird moments but one of the better ones was a couple of summers ago. Had come back in from a night out to find everyone else either passed out or asleep so decided to go out for a drunken wander.

There's this literary parade thing in dublin which is basically a corner of a park that has a wall full of plaques of all the great Irish writers. I used to go there the odd time and just sit and admire really. Anyway I was just sitting there (must have been 3am or after) and an old, rough-looking fella came up and started chatting to me. I was initially pretty apprehensive at this shady-looking fella coming up to me but I was pretty drunk and we got talking. He knew an astounding amount about literature and had some fantastic stories to tell. He said he used to live in London and was very good friends with Behan back in the day. He said Behan used to often be seen around writers corner when he was in dublin as well which I didn't know before but made me feel good. Anyway we bought a few cans and spent a couple of hours just chatting about everything and anything.

Eventually we both drifted off and I woke up the next morning on a park bench with a head like a melted welly. I never saw him again (went back to the same spot every now and then) but he struck me as the type of character that just went with the flow, the type of guy you wouldn't really want to meet again in a way (much like I imagine Behan actually).

Just thinking of that night made this thread worth reading actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    My flatmate of 7 months is this guy who doesnt talk much to anyone, i only just know his name. but 3 months ago, i heard some noises from his room, so i knocked.
    when i was let in, i noticed that he was crying.

I didnt ask him why or how, i just hugged him. that whole night, we didnt speak at all, he just lay on my lap while i read a book.

since then, every time something is wrong with me, i dont know how he knows, but he comes to me and just sits with me and does his own drawings for a bit. i go sit in his room sometimes too.

We've never spoken.

do you have any interesting experiences to share as well?
    I always know when someone's down or having any slight of problems. I don't know how I know, but I just know. Even if they don't tell me, I just know... you can see it in their faces. It's awesome though. You get to comfort them! It's really good that you're doing that... why not start up a convo next time? I think it's a start of a beautiful friendship!
    (I'm not at uni btw, if this thread was specifically for uni students. But I am going this Sept!)

(Original post by Teofilo)
    Lot of weird moments but one of the better ones was a couple of summers ago. Had come back in from a night out to find everyone else either passed out or asleep so decided to go out for a drunken wander.

There's this literary parade thing in dublin which is basically a corner of a park that has a wall full of plaques of all the great Irish writers. I used to go there the odd time and just sit and admire really. Anyway I was just sitting there (must have been 3am or after) and an old, rough-looking fella came up and started chatting to me. I was initially pretty apprehensive at this shady-looking fella coming up to me but I was pretty drunk and we got talking. He knew an astounding amount about literature and had some fantastic stories to tell. He said he used to live in London and was very good friends with Behan back in the day. He said Behan used to often be seen around writers corner when he was in dublin as well which I didn't know before but made me feel good. Anyway we bought a few cans and spent a couple of hours just chatting about everything and anything.

Eventually we both drifted off and I woke up the next morning on a park bench with a head like a melted welly. I never saw him again (went back to the same spot every now and then) but he struck me as the type of character that just went with the flow, the type of guy you wouldn't really want to meet again in a way (much like I imagine Behan actually).

Just thinking of that night made this thread worth reading actually.
    Probably brushed his penis against the rim of your open mouth on the bench.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm kidding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anya~)
    got told to shut up by an old woman once

i wasnt even speaking ;_;
    WTF? There's a crazy old woman in my area who does the same thing! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My flatmate of 7 months is this guy who doesnt talk much to anyone, i only just know his name.
    I didnt ask him why or how, i just hugged him.
    We didnt speak at all
    Every time something is wrong with me, i dont know how he knows, but he comes to me
    I go sit in his room sometimes too.
    We've never spoken.
    do you have any interesting experiences to share as well?
    Yeah, I saw Fight Club once.

*Ducks*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyler.)
    Your flatmate is Mr Bean?

Mine was on a train back to Euston after visiting a friend at Manchester uni. A girl got on at Wigan the train was so packed as it was the last train she sat next to me and we got talking because of the book I was reading. The train broke down just outside Crewe we ended up getting a few drinks together waiting for a Coach replacement service to be put on, a few drinks later we decided to get a hotel room, we didn't have sex. We just laughed, cuddled and kissed all night we got a train together the next morning she ended up falling asleep with her head on my lap because we hadn't slept. To cut a long story short we exchanged numbers she put herself in my phone as "That girl". Later that night I lost my phone in a club, I didn't even tell me her name, she said she would tell me if we ever met again. It was just really really weird.
    A similar thing happened to me...but I only knew his first name, and he put his number and contact info in to my phone, and told me to add him on FB...and then I lost my phone straight after :/

ReputationRep:
    Someone came up to me randomly a while back in Farringdon and the conversation went along the lines of:

Him: Have you got some Charlie?
    Me: Seriously, do I look like a dealer?
    Him: It's your coat...

He then walked off.

ReputationRep:
    When I was a really young girl, like 6/7, there was this crazy old Arab man who lived near our house. When we saw him, he used to shout in the street and shake his head etc.. and talk in Arabic and stuff. My mum just ignored him, told me to do the same but I was young and whatever. He left an impression on me, I remember him years later. My dad went up to him once, to be like 'wtf' cause the guy was Arab, and my dad speaks it, and then came back and was like 'yeah he's crazy'.

So anyway, one day he saw me and my mum and started shouting "Number 1" over and over and pointing at us. Number 1 was our house number. So I start CRYING, was really scared.. can't blame me, crazy old foreign man shouting at us and telling us our house number.. My mum got really annoyed, and I can't remember what happened next, but the next day, as some means of apology I presume.. he turned up at our door with a bunch of grapes!!

Crazy man.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, another story.

When I was in sixth form, someone posted an envelope through my door "To the Violinist", saying he'd seen me on the Tube with my violin case, and was an aspiring film maker wondering if I could help him in one of his productions.. I live like a 10 minute walk from the tube station, meaning this guy followed me all the way home.. :lolwut:

Who does that?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    When I was a really young girl, like 6/7, there was this crazy old Arab man who lived near our house. When we saw him, he used to shout in the street and shake his head etc.. and talk in Arabic and stuff. My mum just ignored him, told me to do the same but I was young and whatever. He left an impression on me, I remember him years later. My dad went up to him once, to be like 'wtf' cause the guy was Arab, and my dad speaks it, and then came back and was like 'yeah he's crazy'.

So anyway, one day he saw me and my mum and started shouting "Number 1" over and over and pointing at us. Number 1 was our house number. So I start CRYING, was really scared.. can't blame me, crazy old foreign man shouting at us and telling us our house number.. My mum got really annoyed, and I can't remember what happened next, but the next day, as some means of apology I presume.. he turned up at our door with a bunch of grapes!!

Crazy man.
    Ah that reminds of me of the 'smelly man' me and my sister nicknamed back when we lived in Yeovil. Good times. He was pretty crazy too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Count Stefular)
    Haha it was, we were broke so just made a picnic and took a few board games and rode the tube from one end to the other trying to make people join in. Actually met some really nice people, you should try it!
    If we had tubes here I really would

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.