Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Strangest experience with a stranger!~ watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This has got to be one of the craziest threads of all time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guess Who =])
    This has got to be one of the craziest threads of all time!
    One of the best too, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SayonaraSamm)
    I think that may have been the politest attempted mugging ever.
    :lol: You never know, it might work on some people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misnomer)
    I have had an old man say I look like his dead wife and an old man play a stereo at a bus stop and telling me to dance.
    I'm so going to do things like this when I'm old, just because I know I'll be able to get away with it and can just blame it on being old.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a couple of stranger experienced. The first was on a train. I got on, sat down, and sat opposite me was a middle-aged gentleman who made eye contact with me the moment I sat down. I ignored him, took Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows out of my bag and started reading. Then he started talking to me. He made extremely mundane observations about random things outside the window, for example "You see those rail tracks? They used to go to Keighley, but trains stopped running on them a few years back." He would say something like that, I'd nod, fake smile and respond "Yeah...", and go back to reading while he stared at me. After this happened a few times I began to feel rather uncomfortable. He then noticed my book and changed the conversation to Harry Potter. I was able to actually contribute towards the conversation at this point, until he started going on about a replica Hogwarts Express at some railway museum somewhere, to which I had no real response. He even made a Harry Potter conversation boring. Then he started going on about the scenery again. But that wasn't the worst of it. He asked me, out of the blue, "Do you believe in God?". I thought this was a very strange question to ask someone you've only just met. I can't remember what exactly I said in response, but the gist of it was "No." He then reached under his collar to reveal a crucifix chain he was wearing and started talking about religion and whatnot. At this point I already felt quite awkward as he'd been talking to be about boring bull**** for a while now and I'd had pretty much nothing to say in response. Now I had the additional problem of trying not to say something too offensive or to ignore his religious talk. I don't remember how the conversation went after that, but a minute later the train reached its first stop, at which I was getting off, so one of the most awkward conversations of my life came to an abrupt end. I normally don't mind randomers talking to me on the train, it's a great way to pass the time, but this guy gave off a rather creepy vibe.

The second took place during a night out. I was meeting a couple of friends in a pub. They were already there when I arrived, so I went to the bar to get a drink. There was an old, very drunk guy standing next to me. He said to me, loudly, "Do you like her tits?", while gesturing at the middle-aged bartender lady. He clearly intended for the bartender to hear this. I honestly can't remember what I said, but he kept at it. "Yeah her tits are nice. I'd love to ****ing ride her right now." OK, I might be exaggerating a bit there, but it was still very weird. Anyway I got my pint and he started rambling about something. When I had a chance to speak I told him my friends were here and walked off to join them. About 30 minutes later the same guy walks over to our table, puts his hand on my shoulder and says "This is a cool guy here" before rambling about something or other. Shortly after he announced he was going to the men's room and he'd see us in a bit. Well we didn't plan on that happening, we were about to leave anyway, so we hurried the process up by finishing off our drinks and quickly exiting the pub. One of my friends found the whole episode hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    My advice for trains comes from Great expectations "Only tip him a nod every now and then when he looks off his paper," said Wemmick, "and he'll be as happy as a king. We are all attention, Aged One." (Penguin classics, Page 297)

ReputationRep:
    I love this thread!

ReputationRep:
    If you see someone smiling and nodding like a loony on a bus or train if you look at them, it might be me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    aww thats really cute, how have you not said something??!

and when i think about it having sex is probably the strangest thing i've done with a stranger. getting naked, rolling around, sticking stuff places, making unusual noises... having that as the only contact i'll ever have with that person... very strange
    i just honestly havent felt the need to talk to him. i probably will, im sure there is going to be a time very soon, where one of us feels the need to talk, but its actually quite scary. i dont know if speaking would tarnish how perfect this has been all these months..

(Original post by opinionscount66)
    That's actually really nice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_183)
    Thats so odd!! Talk next time.......

And probs when drunk, strange things happen when your off ya tits...

(Original post by Dekota-XS)
    That's really sweet, why haven't you yet spoken though?

(Original post by IAmNotWas)
    Wow - I love this.
    i just honestly havent felt the need to talk to him. i probably will, im sure there is going to be a time very soon, where one of us feels the need to talk, but its actually quite scary. i dont know if speaking would tarnish how perfect this has been all these months..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    It might remove some of the mystery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tite23)
    Yeah, seriously. Unless, of course, it's actually the lady, in which case I'm being insensitive.

Anyhow, are you planning on saying anything to your friend?

(Original post by IPlayThePiccolo)
    How can you live with someone and never talk to them? Love that story though
    I was in town with my bf once and this old man told us that we'd have beautiful children.

(Original post by Rzc)
    Pretty cute! Bless you both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsCrackFox)
    I love this.
    You're bloody awesome for doing that.

I take my hat off to you. :hat2:

And he sounds ****ing great too.

(Original post by Elf.)
    I like your story, very touching For some reason

(Original post by twelve)
    OP's story is amazing I tried to rep you, but apparently I've already done that recently :P

I haven't had that many wierd experiences with strangers. A lot of the strangest thing has been at my voluntary work with the patients there. But actually the wierdest was one of the agency nurses telling me that I looked 'so peaceful' while I was cleaning, and trying to persuade me to sing for him.

Its not like some stories on here, but mostly just strange because he WASN'T a patient. I'm used to patients saying odd things. But the nurses :curious:

(Original post by swordedstone)
    OP, this really is something. please tell us all why you havent spoken yet though, it doesnt make much sense

(Original post by Sickojones)
    That's actually awesome

(Original post by avalanche101)
    That is quite strange, but nice at the same time. Maybe you should talk next time?

I don't have any stranger stories than yours.

I remember one time my friends wanted to go into a club but I didn't have enough money to get in but my friend was so determined to go in she started queuing even though I insisted I didn't have enough money. This man turned around and tried to give me the money, I wouldn't take it so he gave it to my friend to pay for me.

One time I was at a restaurant with some friends and when we came to pay the man told us some other bloke had already paid for us, when we asked who he said he'd already left. The meal came to at least £50.

I was 16 and at a family party. And this 30+ year old came up to me asking to dance, and kissing me on the hand and asking if I wanted a drink. I was too shy but after some persuasion I danced with him and he kept telling me how beautiful I looked and he couldn't believe I was only 16. I then later found out his wife had got really angry and left the party. I didn't even know he had a wife. I had never met him before in my life. CREEEEPO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMrQ)
    soo umm....because you haven't replied to anyone else asking this question...

why haven't you talked to him yet/ are you ever going to talk to him?
    I would really and genuinely like to know... if it's alright for you to share?

ReputationRep:
    We heard you the first time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Air18)
    I've done the exact same thing before :P I also started playing with someone's mustache once, thinking it was a wax figure....but it wasn't
    Hahahaha!! Honestly, that made me laugh XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guess Who =])
    Hahahaha...That made me LOL!
    Seriously though, Edinburgh beggars are perhaps the most bold I've encountered.

I've also been asked by a beggar in Glasgow for money for "some tinnies" (lager). I didn't give him any money but I kinda wanted to because he was so honest; most make up the usual speel about "Money for bus to get home" crap, but this dude was like, I'm a beggar, I'm sleeping rough, I just want to get wasted. Honesty rules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChopinNocturne)
    Some guy sitting next to me on the train scratched my leg because he "thought it was his". I don't know who was more embarassed when I asked him what he thought he was doing?! :laugh:
    Aaaaaahahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackso)
    Wait... People actually believe the OP? I mean, REALLY?

People are far too naive these days - You honestly think someone would LIVE in the same house as someone without exchanging a single word? And only hug each other when they're sad? Wow.
    Yeah, it is a bit strange... Like, if they actually live in the same HOUSE they'd have to at least said "Hello"

ReputationRep:
    I like the thread. Very entertaining =)
    I guess I have a few:
    One time I was sat in a Jacuzzi in a swimming centre. This 35-ish old woman was sat near me. I was just sat there chilling when she turned to me and started shouting at me "you perverted little boy you should be locked up" I was like, "what?" Then she went on to say about how I had apparantly tried to undo her bikini top. It propper confused me, I had just been sat there minding my own business. It almost brought me to tears this random woman shouting at me in public on made up grounds. I was about 8. And the innocent kind of 8 year old. I guess some bubbles must have combined with somekind of paranoia.

I've had a few similar experiences with strangers that have been listed. Countless on drunken nights out. They're a good laugh to look back on =D

Another random stranger that sticks in my mind is the one in a cookie shop in NYC, as a family we went to buy some cookies, then when we got to the front of the queue the woman at the counter exclaimed "oh my, hasn't he got beautiful eyes!?" There was a queue behind us and she went on about how she was going to give my little bro a free cookie because of his eyes. Its stuck with me for some reason. I'm pretty sure New Yorkers aren't known for their generosity...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.