Turn on thread page Beta

Can't catch my breath and pain in chest watch

Announcements

Hi, haven't been able to catch my breath much today but it's at it's worse now - my chest feels tight almost like someone is pressing down on it stopping me from breathing in properly.
    I am quite fit - do exercise 3-4 times a week running & cycling, but when i go up the stairs i'm so out of breath it seems like i'm unfit when i know i'm not?! I also keep having chest pain almost every day.
    Something i should mention : i recently got told i've got iron-deficiency anaemia(ferritin level was 5 and hb under 11) Is it possible its a symptom?! or something else?

(I dont feel its big enough to go to A&E but may go to doctor tomorrow if i still have it!)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, go to your doctor, don't ask us ignoramuses.

ReputationRep:
    .. WHY do you have to come to Tsr for something like this? Call up NHS? or book an emergency appointment tomorrow. I highly doubt a qualified Dr will be sitting here to answer you

ReputationRep:
    When feeling pains in the chest you should

Ask a forum of students [ ]
    Call NHS direct [X]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesBlood)
    When feeling pains in the chest you should

Ask a forum of students [ ]
    Call NHS direct [X]
    Can I phone a friend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Can I phone a friend?
    Well surely he's asking the audience here.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like a heart attack. ring 999.

on the other hand you might just have heyfever.

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself to a doctor or the A&E as soon as you can, you should never wait when having chest pains ( unless youve been working out in the gym on your chest) specially since your out of breath.

ReputationRep:
    why go anon?

(Original post by Manesh2468)
    Get yourself to a doctor or the A&E as soon as you can, you should never wait when having chest pains ( unless youve been working out in the gym on your chest) specially since your out of breath.

Thankyou for giving serious answer.

well they are more like dull chest pains not sharp ones and it's hard to know when i get them it's very random - sometimes just when lying in bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thankyou for giving serious answer.

well they are more like dull chest pains not sharp ones and it's hard to know when i get them it's very random - sometimes just when lying in bed.
    Well what i learnt from the doctor is that sharp chest pains are ussually muscular pains whereas dull ones can be from the heart, are you having any other symptoms such as left arm pain, left shoulder, or your teeth hurting? I think just to be on the safe side you should really just go visit the doctor and tell them all your symptoms so they can properly diagnose you, they may send you for further investigation which would be a good thing since you would get a definate answer.

ReputationRep:
    Breathlessness and chest pain can be a symptom of iron deficiency. However, you should visit your GP as it can also mean plently of other things. Definately needs further investigation so do get it checked out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Can I phone a friend?
    Depends if the friend is a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    OP clearly is giving neg reps to people who have stupid replies. Mate I was just stating a fact. Bunch of students or a Dr? :rollseyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxecute)
    Well surely he's asking the audience here.
    bcz he has no friends, and used 50/50 on qweschin 1, ''which seat should i take?''

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.