This discussion is closed.
maddog
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
im havin a bit of trouble with work experience. on the 19th of april i was due to work at RAF Cosford but my place fell through, so now i am goin on the 5th of october instead. so until then i have to go some were else. i want to work out side and do somthin hands on but i dont think i am goin to be able to get the cahnce and i dont want to be stuck in an office makin tea and coffe for sum boso that thinks i am thier slave. if you have any advice or contacts that would help me get a place please please please let me know
thank you booxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1) What do you want to do in the future?

2) What about a placement in an airport?
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Think of placements which will help you gain and improve some of the skills which you need. For example communication skills, teamwork skills, if need be IT skills, paperwork, etc, etc...
maddog
(Original post by Xenon)
Think of placements which will help you gain and improve some of the skills which you need. For example communication skills, teamwork skills, if need be IT skills, paperwork, etc, etc...
but i want to work the RAF i am in the ATC so im nearly there. but i am finding it hard for a place. i have visted loads of sites but its still no good, they are all based upon long term work experience i only have to do it for a week help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by maddog)
but i want to work the RAF i am in the ATC so im nearly there. but i am finding it hard for a place. i have visted loads of sites but its still no good, they are all based upon long term work experience i only have to do it for a week help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
For the first part, you don't really have to be working in similar surroundings to the RAF, do you? You can have that when you go on the 5th. You can try and find another type of work experience, which will enhance other types of skills too.
Biggles1211
Report 15 years ago
Try contacting the Civilian Personnel Officer on your local stations. You can arrange work experience with the MoD civilian staff on the base...it's a very useful option if the RAF can't take you directly.
malledo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
does it really matter where you go in april. its only for a week for christs sake.
mark1010
Report 15 years ago
QinetiQ Boscombe Down run a work experience program. I did some with the Fast Jet Test Squadron
maddog
(Original post by malledo)
does it really matter where you go in april. its only for a week for christs sake.
yes it does. the idea of work experience is that you go and work for 5 days in a enviroment that you would like to in the future.
maddog
(Original post by mark1010)
QinetiQ Boscombe Down run a work experience program. I did some with the Fast Jet Test Squadron
how did you get to go thier and what contacts did you use.
mark1010
Report 15 years ago
My work experience was arranged through my school. If i can find some information about who the contact is at Boscombe, i'll PM you with the details.
Biggles1211
Report 15 years ago
I know that RAF Cottesmore take a lot of work experience placements each year. If that's within travelling distance for you, please feel free to contact me: [email protected]
will 04
Report 15 years ago
im havin a bit of trouble with work experience. on the 19th of april i was due to work at RAF Cosford but my place fell through, so now i am goin on the 5th of october instead. so until then i have to go some were else. i want to work out side and do somthin hands on but i dont think i am goin to be able to get the cahnce and i dont want to be stuck in an office makin tea and coffe for sum boso that thinks i am thier slave. if you have any advice or contacts that would help me get a place please please please let me know
How did you get the place at cosford? through school or did you ring the up or what? is it a residential course? do they provide you with accomodation on the base?
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Biggles1211)
I know that RAF Cottesmore take a lot of work experience placements each year. If that's within travelling distance for you, please feel free to contact me: [email protected]
Lol they do indeed. My dad deals with dozens of requests each year. Most fail I might add.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ooh I know someone who lives there
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (59)
67.05%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.36%

Watched Threads