The Student Room Group

History at Cardiff or Southampton?

Right, pretty much as above - have AAB offers for both, predicted A*A*A (maybe should have applied to better unis but that's no use now!), and I'm not sure which to pick! I'm definately putting UEA down as my insurance.

I went to Southampton first, loved the university itself in terms of facilites and the city seemed quite nice, whilst it is ranked really high in all the rankings. However, I didn't really like the modules that much....

Which brings me to Cardiff, where I really liked the modules and prefered the city (just), although it's a couple of hours further from home. Also the facilites and its reputation aren't quite as good.

I think I'm leaning slightly towards Cardiff but I'm not sure....Help!:confused:
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
I'm pretty much in a similar situation for uni.

I'd try and ignore the rankings and rep as both are great unis.

If you prefer the Cardiff city better and prefer the modules, I'd say Cardiff. But if you like the cities basically the same and look at the modules again and think you could put up with them as long as you are able to pick modules, I'd say Southampton
Reply 3
Yes, if it is Cardiff's course modules/content that you find interesting and will enjoy then it will make sense to firm it. This is an important factor when deciding which university to go to.

If it's the overall reputation that is of interest to you, then Southampton is the one.

IMO, I would say Cardiff since you like the course content and also prefer the city. This is important as it might be the suitable environment that you seek to study in and it could motivate you to work which will have a positive impact on your studies.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending