Turn on thread page Beta

The Glastonbury Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm new here but couldn't help noticing the lack of Glastonbury threads here. Decent ones anyway.

So, share experiences and just generally discuss.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, if you're going or went. How much did it cost?

ReputationRep:
    It's £195 for a ticket plus a£5 booking fee. And then if you want a car parking place which is probable an extra £20. So about £220. But you'll also want food etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to get tickets on sunday, fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Goo Goo Doll)
    It's £195 for a ticket plus a£5 booking fee. And then if you want a car parking place which is probable an extra £20. So about £220. But you'll also want food etc.
    and alcohol...
    so overall? 400?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, worth every penny though ey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhonfranco)
    and alcohol...
    so overall? 400?
    nah, just take alcohol with you. Grab a backpack fill it with cans or whatever else you feel like intoxicating yourself with for a day and head off to enjoy the music reminding yourself that if you were at 90% of festivals in the UK every can would be costing you £3.50.

My budget usually works out as £200 ticket etc. parking is split between people in the car so that's only about £5, every meal averages £5 if you don't take any of your own food, so 5 days 3 meals a day, you're looking at about £70 or so, so round up to £100 for other expenses, £300-350, 5 day holiday with nearly 24/7 live music. Bargain!

ReputationRep:
    Going this year, missed last year and its great weather, regret it tbh. I won't be making the same potential mistake this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostRiot)
    nah, just take alcohol with you. Grab a backpack fill it with cans or whatever else you feel like intoxicating yourself with for a day and head off to enjoy the music reminding yourself that if you were at 90% of festivals in the UK every can would be costing you £3.50.

My budget usually works out as £200 ticket etc. parking is split between people in the car so that's only about £5, every meal averages £5 if you don't take any of your own food, so 5 days 3 meals a day, you're looking at about £70 or so, so round up to £100 for other expenses, £300-350, 5 day holiday with nearly 24/7 live music. Bargain!
    Take your own booze - but no glass.

I'spend about 100 too.

ReputationRep:
    how likely do you think getting tickets tomorrow are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaseley)
    not a chance, don't bother trying, and tell all your friends that

so that i have more chance

ReputationRep:
    I know a lot of people who are trying, in the past they've all gone in 45 minutes, I expect the same will happen tomorrow,

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to people tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    managed to get 2 tickets after just 20mins of trying!!

ReputationRep:
    managed to get 2 tickets after just 20mins of trying!!
    jealous!

I was going to take my brother for his 18th but didn't realise everyone had to be registered. fuuuuuuck.

Nice one though, at least I've been before so it's not all bad :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Damn it I want to go to a festival this year, preferably glasto, but I have no money... this royally sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)
    Going this year, missed last year and its great weather, regret it tbh. I won't be making the same potential mistake this year!
    The weather wasn't great last year. Unusual for Glasto, certainly, but you had to be in that heat to know how intense and relentless it was! Not saying that I didn't have a great time - it was probably my favourite Glasto yet, but a bit overcast is infinitely preferable to 'hotter than Rio and Mexico' (reported by the Q Daily)... I'm very pale, and had horrific sunburn despite lathering on the factor 50+, and I fainted once and had to take time out a fair few times... I may be of a slightly 'sensitive' constitution, but many suffered the same, and I hope the weather isn't like that again. It was better in 2009 - bit of rain on the first morning, then decent sunshine and warmth for most of the remainder.

Having said that, I love everything about Glastonbury, and am so excited for this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by for_tomorrow)
    The weather wasn't great last year. Unusual for Glasto, certainly, but you had to be in that heat to know how intense and relentless it was! Not saying that I didn't have a great time - it was probably my favourite Glasto yet, but a bit overcast is infinitely preferable to 'hotter than Rio and Mexico' (reported by the Q Daily)... I'm very pale, and had horrific sunburn despite lathering on the factor 50+, and I fainted once and had to take time out a fair few times... I may be of a slightly 'sensitive' constitution, but many suffered the same, and I hope the weather isn't like that again. It was better in 2009 - bit of rain on the first morning, then decent sunshine and warmth for most of the remainder.

Having said that, I love everything about Glastonbury, and am so excited for this year!
    I went 2009, the weather was perfect. Even got to experience a bit of teh old classic mud!

Hmm I wonder how many tickets will get released if any early May. I've guessing just a handful, so expect that I'd have more chance of winning a tenner on the lottery. Still, a man can dream :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by for_tomorrow)

I agree 2010 was too much sun, I was just tired and boiling the whole time, some of the tents were incredible. However, on balance, when compared to 2007 the year of virtually non-stop rain, I can conclude that too much sun is far far better than too much rain. (Worst thing about rain being that it makes it impossible to sit down which is horrendous).

ReputationRep:
    I agree there was way too much sun, but the thing about Glastonbury is that it's always the weirdest things that make you better. I, for example was feeling ill from the sun so we went and sat in a tent and made clay models and this random gril came up to me and started a water fight with me, she had a proper gun and everything. I was fine after that. Sooo excited now.
    What does everyone think of the lineup?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.