Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another_Girl)
    Zane Lowe and Lauren Laverne clearly hate each other. Some cold exchanges going on there.

Janelle Monae, QOTSA, Eels, Anna Calvi and Morrissey were my highlights. For me, this has to be one of the most bland and uninspiring line-ups ever though...one of the few times I've not gone and not regretted it.
    I must admit I've not heard of any of those people apart from Morrissey, and I watched most of Glasto on TV (I saw The Vaccines, Mumford and Sons, Jessie J, Pendulum, Kaiser Chiefs, The Streets, Queen of the Stone Age, Two Door Cinema Club, U2, Coldplay and all apart from Jessie J, & U2 were absolutley amazing, so I wish I'd been there.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    I must admit I've not heard of any of those people apart from Morrissey, and I watched most of Glasto on TV (I saw The Vaccines, Mumford and Sons, Jessie J, Pendulum, Kaiser Chiefs, The Streets, Queen of the Stone Age, Two Door Cinema Club, U2, Coldplay and all apart from Jessie J, & U2 were absolutley amazing, so I wish I'd been there.)
    QOTSA= Queens of the Stone Age.

I was watching a lot of stuff on the BBC red rutton. Think they usually replay some of the coverage on there for the rest of the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another_Girl)
    QOTSA= Queens of the Stone Age.

I was watching a lot of stuff on the BBC red rutton. Think they usually replay some of the coverage on there for the rest of the week.
    Ah right. Yes I saw a bit of their performance and they were good.

ReputationRep:
    Certainly enjoyed QOTSA, the loudest band of the weekend, so were pretty awesome even though I only know their most well known songs. Did anyone else see radiohead though, such a dream come true for me to see my favourite band for the first time and I only knew about it several hours before! Perhaps they could have played a few more of the older ones but as a big fan of their new stuff I certainly wasn't complaining, it was the first time they've played any of it live so really pleased at that.

Coldplay were also incredible, a classic performance and classic singalongs, loved the light shows (no-one's ever lit up the side of the pyramid as far as I can remember) and U2 and Elbow were great as well. And I got a photo with drunk Chris O'Dowd while watching Paolo Nutini as well :cool:

So despite the mud which was a bit of a challenge at times (it was either disgusting sludge when it had or was raining or sticky mud when it was drying), another great glastonbury, roll on 2013!

ReputationRep:
    absolutely incredible weekend, i have seen few performances as breathtaking as coldplay's. packed full of top songs and the light show was out of this world. white lies were EPIC, as were the vaccines..radiohead were a bit average and played too much new stuff, kool and the gang was a full fledged party..and b.b king is the ****in' man.

that pretty much sums up my analysis, but yes..what a fine, fine weekend. best glasto i've been to.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.