Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I met a guy a couple of weeks ago and we really hit it off. We were doing some temporary work together for a week and the rest of the people working with us said they could really see a spark between us.

So, we exchanged numbers and start texting a lot, and I ask him if he wants to get a drink sometime and he says....we'll see :\ He said he's quite busy in the next few weeks but I don't know if he's serious or is trying to let me down gently.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Keep in touch and ask in a few weeks time if he says no, then let it go.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say he has a girlfriend but likes a bit of flirting with an attractive girl. Or he could just be busy.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to text you when he can go out.

No reply = not interested.

Although, don't get your hopes up, if I were interested in a girl I'd jump at the request.

ReputationRep:
    We'll see doesn't sound encouraging to me. Even if he was really busy, if he was actually interested he would make sure you knew that and didn't think he was blowing you off.

ReputationRep:
    rike that guy said, either he has a GF, is playing hard to get or is not interested... since he took you number and texted you.. a lot.. it's probably one of the first two.

if it's none of them, he has a small vagina

ReputationRep:
    Ah it's ok now I think, we've actually arranged a date haha!

ReputationRep:
    It means he's quite busy in the next few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Yup what others said, If I really liked a girl and she asked me for a drink I would jump on it stright away and cancel all my plans...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    It means he's quite busy in the next few weeks.
    I don't think he could have made it any more obvious.

What is it with some people trying to analyse every little thing so much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staticrhubarb)
    I guess he is on TSR and saw your past then..

(Original post by nathan2010)
    I guess he is on TSR and saw your past then..
    Haha this! Clearly felt pressured.
    + rep for you!

ReputationRep:
    Really? How did it happen, did you ask him or did he finally come back to you?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I met a guy a couple of weeks ago and we really hit it off. We were doing some temporary work together for a week and the rest of the people working with us said they could really see a spark between us.

So, we exchanged numbers and start texting a lot, and I ask him if he wants to get a drink sometime and he says....we'll see :\ He said he's quite busy in the next few weeks but I don't know if he's serious or is trying to let me down gently.

Thoughts?
    That's how they play it

Now if he had said yes straight away or whatever you'd have thought he was a pushover wouldn't you? Now you're thinking about him all the time (otherwise you would never have made the thread), so what he did works! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elana18)
    Really? How did it happen, did you ask him or did he finally come back to you?
    We were chatting and I kind of hinted subtly and we sorted something

ReputationRep:
    text him more, about 15 times a day, call him every hour, constantly ask him what he's doing and thinking about, and feed him pie with your hair in it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.