Turn on thread page Beta

will this help me lose weight? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahm sayn?)
    to lose 1lb body fat, you need a weekly calorie deficit of 3,500 kcals.. that isn't easy BUD.

i think the OP is a girl right only just realised... i would aim for 1800-2000 cals a day.. no less than 1500... combined with 5 gym sessions a week of 40-60mins, working at a decent heart rate, incorporating weights as well...

anyone who says losing weight it easy, is 99% of the time skinny and always has been..
    I lost 2.5 stone is 5 months by going to the gym 5 days a week (45 mins cardio for 5 times and 3 weight sessions)

Eat a normal healthy breakfast, then I ate whatever I liked for lunch (within reason) and had just a protein shake for dinner. It quickly becomes a routine and I found it a very easy method to follow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poem boy)
    I lost 2.5 stone is 5 months by going to the gym 5 days a week (45 mins cardio for 5 times and 3 weight sessions)

Eat a normal healthy breakfast, then I ate whatever I liked for lunch (within reason) and had just a protein shake for dinner. It quickly becomes a routine and I found it a very easy method to follow.
    perhaps share more with the OP since she is in need of help... sorry to disclose your stats but at the end of the day, what harm is it going to cause.. anyone who knows you personally has seen you in real life and is aware of what you're like..

the OP is 5 foor 5, 87kg/13 and a half stone, BMI calculator classify's that as obese.. obviously sorting your diet out, lifting weights 3x a week and 5 cardio sessions will be great, but its up to you.. you didnt even wanna talk to an instructor.. how srs are you about this?? your weight makes you obese.. no need to be ashamed.. you're taking action.. which is good but time 2 get serious imo.

meal ideas:

for calories, eat rice or pasta with the large meals, regular small meals are better than one HUGE meal, big meals stretch the stomach, smaller meals thru the day will keep you satisfied.

breakfast: peanut butter on toast, 2 slices max, and dont spread it on thick, and dont use butter. in fact NEVER use butter again.

cut out cereals imo, empty calories.. the best thing for breakfast is PORRIDGE, it is slow releasing energy to keep you full, use the no fat milk and try adding a fruit you like instead of sugar.

tuna, mackerel.. fish is good! chicken is good, RATATOUILLE!!!!!!!!!!! seriously, i hated vegtables 99% of them at least until i was 18, and now i eat everything.. just chop up vegatables chuck them in a pan and let them cook, serve with some rice or pasta.. and sometimes depending on what else you eat, add chicken etc..

pak choi, red onion, spinach, celery, egg plant, mushrooms, peppers, peas, courgettes.... honestly just chuck ur fave in together.. healthy and tasty...

i realise blue milk is fatty, but it does have calcium and a lot of protein etc.. and if probably more healthy than what you currently eat, blue milk per 4 pints if like 1300 calories roughly, try drinking 2 pints a day which is 650 kcals, + your porride and milk = however many that is... maybe a tuna sandiwch or something (no butter or mayo :\) and then a healthy main meal sounds like a decent rough plan.. obv will need to count cals though..

its not gunna be easy but srsly, get a routine, and get a healthy diet lol .. if you wanna lose weight, that's what you MUST do, as you stick with it and notice the changes, trust me, it'll become more enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    Read this thread

For the Girls - Toning, Diet and Excercise a very basic guide - Please read!!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=887324

ReputationRep:
    perhaps share more with the OP since she is in need of help... sorry to disclose your stats but at the end of the day, what harm is it going to cause.. anyone who knows you personally has seen you in real life and is aware of what you're like..

the OP is 5 foor 5, 87kg/13 and a half stone, BMI calculator classify's that as obese.. obviously sorting your diet out, lifting weights 3x a week and 5 cardio sessions will be great, but its up to you.. you didnt even wanna talk to an instructor.. how srs are you about this?? your weight makes you obese.. no need to be ashamed.. you're taking action.. which is good but time 2 get serious imo.

meal ideas:

for calories, eat rice or pasta with the large meals, regular small meals are better than one HUGE meal, big meals stretch the stomach, smaller meals thru the day will keep you satisfied.

breakfast: peanut butter on toast, 2 slices max, and dont spread it on thick, and dont use butter. in fact NEVER use butter again.

cut out cereals imo, empty calories.. the best thing for breakfast is PORRIDGE, it is slow releasing energy to keep you full, use the no fat milk and try adding a fruit you like instead of sugar.

tuna, mackerel.. fish is good! chicken is good, RATATOUILLE!!!!!!!!!!! seriously, i hated vegtables 99% of them at least until i was 18, and now i eat everything.. just chop up vegatables chuck them in a pan and let them cook, serve with some rice or pasta.. and sometimes depending on what else you eat, add chicken etc..

pak choi, red onion, spinach, celery, egg plant, mushrooms, peppers, peas, courgettes.... honestly just chuck ur fave in together.. healthy and tasty...

i realise blue milk is fatty, but it does have calcium and a lot of protein etc.. and if probably more healthy than what you currently eat, blue milk per 4 pints if like 1300 calories roughly, try drinking 2 pints a day which is 650 kcals, + your porride and milk = however many that is... maybe a tuna sandiwch or something (no butter or mayo :\) and then a healthy main meal sounds like a decent rough plan.. obv will need to count cals though..

its not gunna be easy but srsly, get a routine, and get a healthy diet lol .. if you wanna lose weight, that's what you MUST do, as you stick with it and notice the changes, trust me, it'll become more enjoyable.
    look, why put my details up without asking me? then call me obese? I obviously had a problem with doing so, and thats why i sent you a PM. Also, bmi can say im obease, however i hold a lot of muscle on my body in additon to teh fat, boobs play a part too. I didn't say i wasn't going to talk to one? But, i go to a gym, where they would want you come on the days they say, do how much they say. I can do that AFTER my exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpnowplease)
    tomorrow i'll try and run at 8mph for a mile, see how much i cna get done!
    8mph is fast for someone starting out on the treadmill. I'd say run at 6.5mph and increase your speed if you want to push yourself further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    8mph is fast for someone starting out on the treadmill. I'd say run at 6.5mph and increase your speed if you want to push yourself further.
    thank you i don't feel so bad about running at that speed anymorw! lol
    But my friend wants to train with me, although he's already slim and fit! he runs at 10mph for 2 minutes, and wants ME to try that!

I'm training with him tomorrow and since he usually does 8mph for a mile, non stop, i'll TRY that too!

ReputationRep:
    look, why put my details up without asking me? then call me obese? I obviously had a problem with doing so, and thats why i sent you a PM. Also, bmi can say im obease, however i hold a lot of muscle on my body in additon to teh fat, boobs play a part too. I didn't say i wasn't going to talk to one? But, i go to a gym, where they would want you come on the days they say, do how much they say. I can do that AFTER my exams.
    all i've done if try to help you.

like i said, anyone who know's you in real life, has seen you're obese, so why are you hiding it? for your online reputation or something? people who judge people for being overweight are not worth knowing,

YOU'RE 5 FOOT 5, AND 87KG'S, that is OBESE, time to stop hiding from it, i could care less about your boobs or muscle mass, you're obese, you don't need to hide from that label.. you're trying to get help and that's great.

i've gave you enough info as to get fit, you don't want to run at 10mph to 2 minutes, let you friend do what he wants, you need to take it slow and steady, small increase and incorporate weights.

so yea, im done. you're obese, don't deny it, all i've done is try and help, IT MUST BE 10000 TIMES MORE EMBARRASSING LIVING YOUR NORMAL LIFE AS AN OBESE PERSON THAN ME SHARING YOUR STATS ON TSR... so get over it.

ReputationRep:
    all i've done if try to help you.

like i said, anyone who know's you in real life, has seen you're obese, so why are you hiding it? for your online reputation or something? people who judge people for being overweight are not worth knowing,

YOU'RE 5 FOOT 5, AND 87KG'S, that is OBESE, time to stop hiding from it, i could care less about your boobs or muscle mass, you're obese, you don't need to hide from that label.. you're trying to get help and that's great.

i've gave you enough info as to get fit, you don't want to run at 10mph to 2 minutes, let you friend do what he wants, you need to take it slow and steady, small increase and incorporate weights.

so yea, im done. you're obese, don't deny it, all i've done is try and help, IT MUST BE 10000 TIMES MORE EMBARRASSING LIVING YOUR NORMAL LIFE AS AN OBESE PERSON THAN ME SHARING YOUR STATS ON TSR... so get over it.
    im 5ft6, and you CAN NOT tell i'm fat in real life lol. I look average.

ReputationRep:
    and i ran 0.7 miles at 7mph, i did it slow, it bloody hurt, but atleast i'm starting somewhere

ReputationRep:
    i understand how you feel. what worked for me was; no meat, no colorie drinks, (diet coke from now on) low fat cheese if you must have it, and skimmed milk. have some special K or mulseli for breakfast, but for meals, low cal soup e.g tomato(thats less than 100 kcal), some gnocchi with low-kcal tomato sauce - which usually is just regular sauce, and for snack, low fat yoghurt, fruit or a low calorie health bar. go to the gym, and i'd recommend sticking to the cross trainer and weights - i found cross trainers burnt more. burn at least 500 kcal a day in the gym, and instead of taking the car, walk or cycle to the shops, or take the bus (so you walk to the bus stop) and walk to the gym too. the weight should just fall off. this is reasonably effective, it worked for me, and i managed to put on a pound on the slimfast diet, when i ate less than they recommended, so i did have biological problems losing weight. (i am currently seing a doctor about condition that may have caused that)

ReputationRep:
    167cm's tall, and 13.5 stone, your BMI counts you as obese yet you are not even fat??? i realise BMI doesn't count muscle mass, but you CLEARLY have none, you are clueless about exercise, a female and seem to have never done any weight lifting to build muscle mass.... so where is the weight coming from, you got lead pantieS?

and i ran 0.7 miles at 7mph, i did it slow, it bloody hurt, but atleast i'm starting somewhere
    running 0.7 miles at 7mph.. that is like basically doing nothing

to be able to measure your improvements i recommend:

either a) always run for 20 minutes or b) always run the same distance. that way you will be able to measure your improvements .. no point in running random lengths at random speeds.

start at 5 mph and run for 20 minutes or 2 miles.

then next time run at 6mph for 20 minutes or the distance you've set.. then you can measure how much faster you're getting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brunettegirl92)
    i understand how you feel. what worked for me was; no meat, no colorie drinks, (diet coke from now on) low fat cheese if you must have it, and skimmed milk. have some special K or mulseli for breakfast, but for meals, low cal soup e.g tomato(thats less than 100 kcal), some gnocchi with low-kcal tomato sauce - which usually is just regular sauce, and for snack, low fat yoghurt, fruit or a low calorie health bar. go to the gym, and i'd recommend sticking to the cross trainer and weights - i found cross trainers burnt more. burn at least 500 kcal a day in the gym, and instead of taking the car, walk or cycle to the shops, or take the bus (so you walk to the bus stop) and walk to the gym too. the weight should just fall off. this is reasonably effective, it worked for me, and i managed to put on a pound on the slimfast diet, when i ate less than they recommended, so i did have biological problems losing weight. (i am currently seing a doctor about condition that may have caused that)
    would it cost more for a personal gym trainner? lol

ReputationRep:
    I keep recommending this to people, going to the gym is a good way of losing weight, but compared to my friends who go to the gym every other day or so, doing gymnastics and ballet, and kick-boxing keeps you in better shape and is more fun and rewarding

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.