Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Evening folks. I'm in a bit of a predicament as to what to buy my grandfather for his milestone seventieth. I've considered a few things, though the ones still rolling around in my head are as follows;

1. Personalised crystal, decanter etc, with a nice bottle of wine/single malt to go with it.

2. Tickets for him and his lady friend to see a show of some sort.

3. The staple bottle of booze. Though I'll be shelling out top dollar for this one, so it's not as impersonal.

Any ideas? I've normally gone with the aged whiskey idea, though I feel it's time to shake things up a bit. Miserly reps for any cracking ideas!

EDIT: He does not smoke, so smoking related gifts are out of the equation.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say option 2

ReputationRep:
    I think option number one. If you usually get him the booze and he likes it, then you're not straying too far but it's still a little difference and I think it's a nice present to give anyway

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for Option #1

ReputationRep:
    The first one.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.