Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to post here and ask about how to resit a year at Glasgow Uni

I had a few personal issues since first year semester 1 and have been feeling depressed since then, it was particularly bad in my second year and so far I've failed a few of my exams

It got even worse in the last few months and I don't feel like I would be able to pass my upcoming exams, I've emailed my advisor and asked whether I would be able to resit second year and he has told me that I would only be allowed to resit if I had a good reason

I haven't been to see a doctor or anyone about feeling depressed, but as it has become so bad within the last couple months I've started to reconsider it.
    If I was to go to the doctor, would I be able to get a note about it and would that be a good enough reason to be allowed to resit?

Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JungleJim)
    Just wanted to post here and ask about how to resit a year at Glasgow Uni

I had a few personal issues since first year semester 1 and have been feeling depressed since then, it was particularly bad in my second year and so far I've failed a few of my exams

It got even worse in the last few months and I don't feel like I would be able to pass my upcoming exams, I've emailed my advisor and asked whether I would be able to resit second year and he has told me that I would only be allowed to resit if I had a good reason

I haven't been to see a doctor or anyone about feeling depressed, but as it has become so bad within the last couple months I've started to reconsider it.
    If I was to go to the doctor, would I be able to get a note about it and would that be a good enough reason to be allowed to resit?

Thanks for any help.
    I hope your ok!! I had some issues this term which resulted me in getting a Doc's letter, from that I am covered to do resits which are uncapped. From what I have been told that resits are automatically capped at a D but with good reason they will put it down to a first attempt. This def is a good reason.

How is your advisor? If their not helping you properly your within your rights to go to the head advisor of the faculty to get another one. I had to do that with mine this year as my original was ****. One of the things that I was told by the head advisor is that they are there to help you in anyway possible so if your having issues, it is better to see them and talk things over.

What I would say though is look after yourself first, get back on your feet and then focus on your studies!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.