The Student Room Group

Is this being unreasonable to my ex?

Hi, well basically my ex broke up with me 2 months ago now after a 5 month relationship. If i'm honest she was pretty bitchy towards the end of that, flirting with guys and even calling this one guy (that she's now currently having a fling with) during evenings instead of talking to me :\

Because we both have mutual friends, about a week after the break up I went to a gathering that she was at, and I was just planning on ignoring her as much as I could. Because it was at a friend's house I hadn't been to before, I texted one of my mates who was there if someone could come meet me at the station so I could find my way to the house. ( There were usually about 10 of us and we used to meet up each weekend for a gathering for the previous 2-3 months, so we were all pretty close) Well I already knew that my ex fancied the guy whose house it was at, and it ended up them both meeting me at the station holding hands. That was the moment that killed me. Later that night they got with eachother and slept in the same room upstairs while the rest of us slept downstairs (they didn't actually do anything)

I know she has every right to do what she wants as she was single, but she knew that this would break my heart and it was just a week after breaking up, I literally got the train home next early morning crying most of the way :/ After that I just decided i'd move on and try and forget about her, so I stopped going to these gatherings because I just never wanted to see her again, although she kept trying to contact me and even asked to meet up a few times, I made excuses not to and was very blunt to her, especially after also finding out that she bitched about me behind my back regularly. I think that this was fair enough seeing as she was now having a fling with one of my friends ( not a really close friend, but a friend nonetheless)

She stopped talking to me for a bit and then about a month ago asked by text how I did on my AS results but I just ignored her. Then again a few weeks ago she tried talking to me on Fb chat asking how I was etc, but i was just very blunt. Last night she then texted me out of nowhere asking if i regretted going out with her, which I replied 'I guess not really' and she said that she didn't regret it. I think I was a bit too nice to her, I haven't forgiven her and i don't like her in the slightest anymore.

When she broke up with me she was desperate to stay friends, but I haven't initiated contact with her since then, although she has. I can't tell if she just wants to be friends or if she's regretting it, but either way i'm over her now. I know this is immature to ask, but by not initiating contact with her, will this annoy her? she obviously misses me, but i'm not prepared to stay in contact with her after how she's treated me.

What are your opinions? what should I do?

Thanks
Reply 1
anyone? :redface:
Reply 2
Something like this happened to me before.. she sounds like a bitch. i'd leave her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending