Turn on thread page Beta

What is your advice to someone who is scared? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of quite a few things.

I guess my advice would be this, DO IT!

When i think back i realise the many things i feared, but once i did them, i realised what on earth was i so scared off!?

Here's an example, i used to fear driving, i thought if i drove, i would crash. But after my driving lessons, i realised i had nothing to fear and actually loved driving.

When i first started uni. I was really scared, scared of a new place and scared of meeting new people. So much so i remember having sleepless nights. But once i went to uni, i realised i loved meeting new people. I had met so many interesting folks, some of whom came from all over the world, and i'm so thankful i went through with it.

So i guess my advice is this. If your scared of someting, DO IT! Once you've done it, you'll become comforatble with it, maybe even find it your new hobby/love/etc.

Anyways your thoughts and views? Perhaps you have your own advice?

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of jumping of a 50ft building with no safety equipment? You are saying do it?

ReputationRep:
    Nike.

Just do it man

ReputationRep:
    deep breathing, imagine doing it, shut off negative thoughts, and try to relax about the situation

ReputationRep:
    inb4 man up

ReputationRep:
    there are whole books about overcoming your fears aren't there? apparently a lot of it is being scared of being embarassed or because we imagine far worse than can actually happen. you're meant to keep visualising it all going well. personally I have embarassed myself so many times that I don't have any real fears

ReputationRep:
    Take the leap of faith and do it.

/Indianajonesandthelastcrusaderef erence

ReputationRep:
    Fear is overcome by rationalisation. Rationalise why the fear exist, and if the risk is worth it overcome it.

Most fearful people deserve to be offed anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    Think of the worst possible thing that could happen, the best possible thing that could happen, what is most likely to happen and the benefits and longevity of the consequences.

Normally when people do that they can work out if their fear is justified or not.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.