Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm feeling really wierd at the moment and like I really need to hurt myself. I have a secret that is pretty dead and buried but I have a feeling it's coming out - I don't know how.

About 2 years ago I had an addiction that meant I completely disconnected with the world, my family and my friends for about 6-8 months. I met these two people, who I used as an experiment to see if I could make myself into a new person.

So I told them I was 18 (I was 16), told them I was being abused by my boyfriend, pregnant (had a fake abortion), anorexic, and basically full of problems. These weren't my real problems but I guess I was using them for sympathy when I really needed sympathy for my other problems that I didn't want to tell them about. They looked after me and became like my parents and I felt really loved. It was the best feeling i've ever had in my life (to be cared for like a vulnerable, lost young woman) but at the same time I was the most depressed I had ever been

because after a few months, with the help of the addiction, I started to believe the stories I had made up. I actually 100% believed all of these things were happening to me and became overwhelmingly depressed and eventually tried to (for real) take my own life. I didn't take enough pills.

The thing is I really want to do it again. I want to relive the experience because it was the best and worst I have ever felt in my life. They don't talk to me any more even though i've tried to contact them because I ran away back to my family without a word.

How can I get help for this?

ReputationRep:
    doctor >>>>>

ReputationRep:
    you think you have problems when i was like 8, i MIGHT HAVE got my **** out in front of like a 4 year old, and now i have sleepless nights wondering whether she remember it.. and worse, whether she told anyone

ReputationRep:
    OP best thing to do is to go to the doctors , honestly, I've had my world crash around me, and counselling really does help.

ReputationRep:
    You need A DOCTOR.

ReputationRep:
    OP, maybe you should see a counsellor? They won't judge you and would be much more qualified to help you than people on the internet.

:console:

ReputationRep:
    You need to someone who knows how to help you OP - doctor, counsellors are your best places to ask for advice.

I don't want to tell my doctor, can I just ask for a counsellor? Will they let me? I really need to talk to one but i'm afraid i'll need to pay or they won't take me seriously

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're searching for something, like deep dowm. Like everyone else is saying, see a counsellor. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    It wierd how people never take enough pills... Its like in the back of thier minds they know they shouldnt.
    People go through bad times and get depressed. Your past that. You need a doc. He'll probably give you some slightly diffferent pills...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't want to tell my doctor, can I just ask for a counsellor? Will they let me? I really need to talk to one but i'm afraid i'll need to pay or they won't take me seriously
    there are helplines you can phone and arrange to see someone or your gp can refer you to a counsellor thats free. you need help. if you can't control the feelings phone samaritans

ReputationRep:
    Its essential that you get help through your doctor. Doctor surgeries normally have services available for young adults, which aim to resolve issues similar to yours. My best advice would be that you get in touch with your doctor surgery, ask about free services that deal with problems that you are facing.
    You don’t have to worry about your parents or anyone else finding out as most of the times, all info shared between you and the doctor is kept strictly confidential.
    I am not a counsellor, but I do think that you're not in a fit mental state to make rational decisions . Good luck

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.