Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    not at all. as a matter of fact I want to get rid of him. he is no good for me.

I must get rid of him!
    I'm confused, I thought you liked him? If you want to get rid of him then just steadily distance yourself from him...

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a crapp best friend to one time (but she was a girl) and i used to doo so much for her cz i thought she was actually a great friend but noo and i too didnt wna cut her outa my life cz we did have some good times together that i can still laugh at when thinking about them..but sometimes you do just have to let go...itll be hard at first but trust me you'll feel so free and good afterwards and come out as a much stronger person! so do it cut him outa your life and be happy with what you have and embrace life and live how you wna live it!! good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    This is brilliant advise. I being serious! Should I get rid of him now? Tell him to get his ****? * EXCITEMENT*
    There is no limit to your achievements if you do not seek credit for them.

Keep it on the downlow and go about your business, the less he knows the better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pearlover)
    I used to have a crapp best friend to one time (but she was a girl) and i used to doo so much for her cz i thought she was actually a great friend but noo and i too didnt wna cut her outa my life cz we did have some good times together that i can still laugh at when thinking about them..but sometimes you do just have to let go...itll be hard at first but trust me you'll feel so free and good afterwards and come out as a much stronger person! so do it cut him outa your life and be happy with what you have and embrace life and live how you wna live it!! good luck x
    this is the most comforting advise ever!! thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackB123)

Keep it on the downlow and go about your business, the less he knows the better.
    i don't get this part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    i don't get this part.
    Don't tell him you are changing your ways./

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackB123)
    Don't tell him you are changing your ways./
    ok but how do I do that when I'm directly telling him I'm cutting him off? ugh its like i want a reaction from him. something that proves he wants and needs me in his life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    ok but how do I do that when I'm directly telling him I'm cutting him off? ugh its like i want a reaction from him. something that proves he wants and needs me in his life!
    Re read what I said, to make him feel like he needs you you are going to have to change. If you tell him he will be more prepared for it and thus it will be less of a shock.

ReputationRep:
    If you are a size 8 PM me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    Well I did mention this.
    You did?

Anyway, I'd say just back off from him. Reduce frequency of contact until he starts coming after you.

If he doesn't come, leave it be and forget about him.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. He doesn't need a wife with someone like you as his bestfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    Wow. He doesn't need a wife with someone like you as his bestfriend
    LOOOL what's that supposed to mean hahahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kodias)
    You did?

Anyway, I'd say just back off from him. Reduce frequency of contact until he starts coming after you.

If he doesn't come, leave it be and forget about him.
    I took your advice.. it has been a couple of days now..right? still nothing, not a call, text, not even a re-add on blackberry messenger! ZERO! I guess he really doesn't give to ****s about me! It is official! I can't believe I love him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saywhatmate)
    If you are a size 8 PM me.
    :lolwut:

And OP you're in LURV babe :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blush.ox)
    :lolwut:

And OP your in LURV babe :love:
    yeaaahhh so sad but tbh I'll get over him.. I mean he doesn't even care about me enough to see why I've deleted him on bbm.. cliché I know but LMAO! at least call me do something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    Besides the fact I really like my bestfriend I am becoming a moany *****. I complain about everything he does, I just complain! I become jealous when he goes out with other females and friends it just upsets me that he finds the time to spend time with them and not me.

In all honesty this guy is not worthy to be called my bestfriend. He is never ever ever there for me, didn't come to my birthday dinner even though he lives 10 minutes away his excuse was we have exams but was at another girls birthday dinner the following week. He never ever ever ever calls me, his excuse 'Oh I don't have credit' ok now he has got a blackberry with blackberry messenger and never ever messages me unless I message him. And I always have to make the conversation and I mean I go to extra length to make conversation with this guy. WTF! We never see each other, he never calls me ever.

I buy him shoes for his birthday, £50 worth, it was reduced from £120 and he gets me some ****ty book from waterstone and a saled item from john lewis and presents it to me. OK I might sound ungrateful but the things I get this guy he could have put more effort into his present. And I had to lie and say I liked it! I hated it!
    Nonetheless, he told me I was the love of his life, he doesn't want me out of his life, yet doesn't think we can be more than friends, yet says he doesn't use the word love loosely. I'm so confused.

All my friends are self-centred they only call me if they need help or want to talk about themselves --> the latter being 97% of the time. I really have so much stress so much medical problems, just finished counselling because I've been suicidal but LOOL GUESS WHAT NOT A SINGLE HUMAN BEING HAS NOTICED!

Ok. No sympathy is wanted here, I'm sure I wouldn't get it! But seriously I should cut off my so called bestfriend right?
    didn't read it all but by the sounds of it you have a crush on him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    yeaaahhh so sad but tbh I'll get over him.. I mean he doesn't even care about me enough to see why I've deleted him on bbm.. cliché I know but LMAO! at least call me do something!
    lol awwwwh yeh i can imagine, you want a reaction and he wont give you one, men!

tbh you've said you've ignored him for a few days? maybe leave it a while like idk about a few weeks? he probably hasnt realised anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blush.ox)
    lol awwwwh yeh i can imagine, you want a reaction and he wont give you one, men!

tbh you've said you've ignored him for a few days? maybe leave it a while like idk about a few weeks? he probably hasnt realised anything
    I've cut him off before but I've always gone running back like some idiot. I have to draw the line somewhere right? He probably thinks 'yeah this ***** will come running back' I pray to most high I do not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rzc)
    didn't read it all but by the sounds of it you have a crush on him!
    LOOOL aww bless you it is long isn't it but yes you're right I do, its a shame he doesn't feel the same back huh?

There is a guy out there who deserves me he just isn't the one. And I won't let him ruin my perspective of guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    I've cut him off before but I've always gone running back like some idiot. I have to draw the line somewhere right? He probably thinks 'yeah this ***** will come running back' I pray to most high I do not.
    well that right there is the problem....even if he has noticed he wont think much of it, so now just leave him, you have to be strict with your self, self control! let him make the first move and if he doesnt then hes really not worth it because at the end of the day you're just wasting your time right

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.