Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please please help me pick! Ive dont the lots, visits, discusions with parents/friends ect, making comparision tables and i just cant decide.
    This is why im so confused;

-Both the same course, but more 'hands on' from year 1 at Liv, whereas you have to wait until yr 3 at Manchester for disection
    -At liverpool my course had its own amazing 'area' where only we were allowed to go - at Manchester i got the impression we were dotted around the place
    -Liverpool city seems really interesting
    -Liverpool is lightly lower grades (even though at manc they said 85% of people that dropped a grade last year got let in anyway)

BUT

-Manchester has a better rep for being 'Sciencey' - better job prospects? -more impressive?
    -MUCH better accomidation
    -Very studenty feel - meant to have a brill night life
    -Accomidation closer to campus - it like 20mins on bus at Liv

Sorry for the humungour ramble, anyone who knows anything that might help me please please please tell me! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    From living in between Liverpool and Manchester for the last 20 years, I can honestly say that it's Manchester that does it for me. Although Liverpool is great, Manchester has the edge for nights out, the Oxford Road and Northern Quarter areas are amazing, and stuff just seems a lot closer together. Although I can't speak from an educational point of view, it's where you feel the most comfortable that's going to ultimately assist you in succeeding and from that, i'd go for Manchester

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.