Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Beat up sister's 23-year-old male "friend" watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigFudamental)
    23 year olds dating or trying to date 15 year olds deserve to have the **** kicked out of them, so based on that information I can definitely empathise. That said, you should have at least tried to ascertain who this guy was and what exactly his relationship was with your sister before you went all medieval on his ass.
    A grown man holding hands with a year 9 student and it's pretty easy to assume what's going on.

ReputationRep:
    rather than cause a massive fight, you could've just pulled her apart from this druggy guy and asked her to explain. the violence really wasn't called for, to some extent, i feel sorry for the guy you beat up.

civilisation is still in the process of forming in our society, hmph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dynamic Uno)
    A grown man holding hands with a year 9 student and it's pretty easy to assume what's going on.
    Maybe, maybe not. Kicking the crap out of someone can have fairly major repercussions so it's worth doing some due diligence first. Though I do understand that OP was blinded by rage at the time.

ReputationRep:
    She's ****ing 15!
    And you're obviously so much older and know so much better? Please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golddust&lipgloss)
    rather than cause a massive fight, you could've just pulled her apart from this druggy guy and asked her to explain. the violence really wasn't called for, to some extent, i feel sorry for the guy you beat up.

civilisation is still in the process of forming in our society, hmph.
    I see your point and I'd agree with you had the lad been around her age or at least looked around her age but when it's a grown man fooling around with your little sister who just turned 15, there is a certain rage that would come over anybody. Paedophilia is a big no-no and is one of the few things that I think you're justified to be completely disgusted at and lose your **** over.

ReputationRep:
    Jheeze!!!

Well at least you took action! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    And you're obviously so much older and know so much better? Please.
    There's a reason why the age of consent is 16. There's a reason why you're only considered an adult once you're 18. It's when you're under those ages you're still vulnerable and can be easily influenced and need to be protected. There is a lot of development that goes on between the ages of 15 and 18.

ReputationRep:
    All these little gimps saying you're barbarian and that are just poofs. They don't have the bottle to do what you did. I'd have kicked your sister in the vag aswell though. The wee dirty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ich Dien)
    YOU are guilty of assualt/ABH/GBH. maybe even attempted manslaughter.... with plenty witnesses. This is your loss and the more I read the more I think you should pay for your stupidity.

You will end up in prison if you cant use a firm hand and words
    I dont want to share a society with people who cannot control their tempers, nobody does. Your only gonna damn yourself.
    ROFL, doesn't exist, mate

ReputationRep:
    Fair play. Next time take a baseball bat and then you can be like Tony Soprano.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its A Catch 22)
    ROFL, doesn't exist, mate
    Doesnt mean it shouldnt exist.
    Well thats odd. Because here you have a person who could have killed another unlawfully with out pre meditation. So what is applicable?

ReputationRep:
    Overreaction.. understandable you lost your cool.. but definately took it too far.

ReputationRep:
    There's a reason why the age of consent is 16. There's a reason why you're only considered an adult once you're 18. It's when you're under those ages you're still vulnerable and can be easily influenced and need to be protected. There is a lot of development that goes on between the ages of 15 and 18.
    As I'm sure you've realised, those borderlines are decided by the people in government. They're not definitive. You have no more reason to believe that you're suitably grown up than you do to believe that anyone else (i.e your sister) hasn't.

ReputationRep:
    Self righteous people coming down hard on you in this thread for beating up a coked up paedophile whose interest is in your sister.

ReputationRep:
    Would have done the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ich Dien)
    That means little when you beat a man in a street.

Thats what Im on about. You tell the guy to **** off, not kick his head in..

Weather what the OP does is right or wrong, beating guys up in the street is not acceptable in any court of law. This is about self preservation.
    Shut it and stop being a pussy, someone's got to look out for his sister. His dad is in France.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    As I'm sure you've realised, those borderlines are decided by the people in government. They're not definitive. You have no more reason to believe that you're suitably grown up than you do to believe that anyone else (i.e your sister) hasn't.
    There's a reason for those guidelines and if you can't see why there's no helping you. Under your logic it's alright for a 30 year old to have sex with an 8 year old as long as she consent seeing as she has the 'right to be her own person'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circularmover)
    Shut it and stop being a pussy, someone's got to look out for his sister. His dad is in France.
    Because getting himself arrested is the best/only option?
    He didnt need to beat the guy senseless, surely thats obvious?

ReputationRep:
    well as I get you didn't know he snorts coke and is such *******, so the fact that you got mad just because he's older is bit too much, can't just beat up everybody, could've just told to **** off. if when you saw him you knew what he's up to, then some ass kicking is what I would've done too, wouldn't try to kill anyone though calm down tiger..

ReputationRep:
    To everyone who's bashing the OP - are you really that weak and self rightous that you'd rather stick to being little PC pricks rather than take action to potentially stop your loved one getting harmed? I know most people on TSR probably won't have the courage to do what the OP did yet would happily judge him with their keyboards... sad really.

I would've reacted exactly the same way OP, well done.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.