Turn on thread page Beta

Beat up sister's 23-year-old male "friend" watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ich Dien I'm with you on this one! OP sounds psycho! I could understand better if you'd known the guy and known he was a junkie and known he was trying to/was getting in your little sister's pants but... you didn't. You just saw your sister holding hands with an older guy and beat him to an inch of his life from what you said? I'm not saying you should have done nothing but... that's crazy. I mean seriously, if I were your sister I'd be a bit scared at how mental you acted.

Also this guy does sound a bit seedy and that's more likely the case, but what if your sis was 16 and was with him? Over the age of consent in this country, legally able to do what she likes. Maybe she's into older guys. Maybe in a year's time she will be legally sleeping with another bloke. Maybe she'll sleep with a load of blokes you don't like. Again yeah I wouldn't be happy if I had a little sister who was doing this, but what you gonna do, beat up every guy you ever see her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so I'm a Pakistani (never been there and not that it matters, I would've done the same if I was any other race) and my sister just turned 15 a days ago. Yesterday I saw her holding hands with this guy and he looked really old... I mean, he could've probably passed for her father. As soon as I saw them I just lost control and in the middle of the street beat that guy up senseless while my sister was trying to stop me. I think had it not been for strangers stepping in I probably would've killed him. I honestly don't know what happened as I've never lost my temper before this bad.

Anyway I took her home while she was crying and today I went out this morning and my friend told me who the guy is. I went to his house to make sure that he doesn't see my sister again and in the stairs of his apartment he was snorting coke with a girl and stank so much. I think I really scared him because he said he'd never come near my sister again and just ran upstairs. My sister today went mad and since my dad is in France and my mum has no real control over her she thought she could do whatever she wants. So she says he was just a friend and that she will never speak to me again, etc.

Lots of people telling me overreacted but I think I would do the same thing if it were to happen now. What do you guys think?

Sorry for the poorly written thread... wish iPhone had a proper keyboard. :/
    Reading through this thread and realising to myself how stupid people are is it me or are there quite a few pus*ys on TSR ! to say this guy is a criminal and that he should go to jail ! in all honesty if my sister had got herself in such a similar situation believe me i would not hesitate for one moment to act in the same way, those who would not and would rather sit back and watch seriously need to grow a pair !!

(Original post by takethyfacehence)
    Ich Dien I'm with you on this one! OP sounds psycho! I could understand better if you'd known the guy and known he was a junkie and known he was trying to/was getting in your little sister's pants but... you didn't. You just saw your sister holding hands with an older guy and beat him to an inch of his life from what you said? I'm not saying you should have done nothing but... that's crazy. I mean seriously, if I were your sister I'd be a bit scared at how mental you acted.

Also this guy does sound a bit seedy and that's more likely the case, but what if your sis was 16 and was with him? Over the age of consent in this country, legally able to do what she likes. Maybe she's into older guys. Maybe in a year's time she will be legally sleeping with another bloke. Maybe she'll sleep with a load of blokes you don't like. Again yeah I wouldn't be happy if I had a little sister who was doing this, but what you gonna do, beat up every guy you ever see her?
    Look, my sister was 14 a few days ago. FOURTEEN. This guy is TWENTY THREE. How on earth could you possibly justify the situation. I didn't just beat the guy up because I saw him holding hands with my sister, I did so because he looked like he was a 40 year old paedo and I just lost it. My sister is still a kid, she's very immature and looking back on the situation I do hope that the word gets out what I did so no one tries anything dodgy with her again.

I honestly don't care if I get arrested. I feel like I did the right thing and would do it against. You guys are too politically correct and don't know how real life works.

ReputationRep:
    Look, my sister was 14 a few days ago. FOURTEEN. This guy is TWENTY THREE. How on earth could you possibly justify the situation. I didn't just beat the guy up because I saw him holding hands with my sister, I did so because he looked like he was a 40 year old paedo and I just lost it. My sister is still a kid, she's very immature and looking back on the situation I do hope that the word gets out what I did so no one tries anything dodgy with her again.

I honestly don't care if I get arrested. I feel like I did the right thing and would do it against. You guys are too politically correct and don't know how real life works.

Thats real talk bro. If u did nothing, like some of the people here ud be a coward. U hold ur head up high now coz ur a man unlike all these geeks nd freaks on tsr talking bout police and violance.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALw...layer_embedded

ReputationRep:
    You did the right thing. Seeing that he was druggy!

ReputationRep:
    Don't normally condone violence, but a 23 gear old holding my 15 year old sisters hand......... Someone gonna die! Druggy or not.

ReputationRep:
    Nice one. I would have done the same thing... (am fiercely protective of my little sisters). To those of you who believe that words do all, there is no better way of conveying the words "keep away from my sister" like a set of knuckles to the face, a knee in the *******s or any other simialr measures. The fact that he was also using; I would have kicked his bloody face in. And I am not a violent man. So, no, OP is not a psycho, nor is he a criminal. He was standing up for his family. It's just too bad that most people have forgotten what this means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    Couldn't you find a more recent version?
    The classics always a winner.

ReputationRep:
    Let your sister make her own mistakes in life. If she wants to be deflowered and dominated by a crack head with herpes and who knows what else then let her do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Let your sister make her own mistakes in life. If she wants to be deflowered and dominated by a crack head with herpes and who knows what else then let her do so.
    ^evidently has no younger siblings.

ReputationRep:
    wtf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UpsidedownLandMan)
    So, no, OP is not a psycho, nor is he a criminal. He was standing up for his family. It's just too bad that most people have forgotten what this means.
    Well, no, actually, he is a criminal. Assault is a crime. Seeing a 23 year old holding a 15 year old's hand does not legitimise assaulting them. This wasn't a self defence situation by any stretch of the imagination and the other guy could have suffered very serious consequences. Of course it's distasteful, and of course anyone would rightly have harsh words with the guy and tell the sister to stay away. But if you're not capable of dealing with this sort of problem without immediately resorting to violence, you don't deserve to be a part of civilised society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisismycatch22)
    Well, no, actually, he is a criminal. Assault is a crime. Seeing a 23 year old holding a 15 year old's hand does not legitimise assaulting them. This wasn't a self defence situation by any stretch of the imagination and the other guy could have suffered very serious consequences. Of course it's distasteful, and of course anyone would rightly have harsh words with the guy and tell the sister to stay away. But if you're not capable of dealing with this sort of problem without immediately resorting to violence, you don't deserve to be a part of civilised society.
    Just shut up you muppet, you obviously have no concept of what real life is like.

Good for you OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinsmith)
    Just shut up you muppet, you obviously have no concept of what real life is like.

Good for you OP.
    In real life people die in assaults that were only meant to "teach someone a lesson" exactly like this. The OP could easily have been a murderer just because he saw someone holding his sister's hand, and couldn't control his urge to attack someone. You're a kid applauding this guy because you have no idea what real life is like and that violent idiots like this should be excluded from it. If you're so imbalanced that you can't deal with entirely peaceful situations without becoming a potential murderer, you go to jail until you can. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    You could of at least said something before knocking the **** out of the guy :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisismycatch22)
    In real life people die in assaults that were only meant to "teach someone a lesson" exactly like this. The OP could easily have been a murderer just because he saw someone holding his sister's hand, and couldn't control his urge to attack someone. You're a kid applauding this guy because you have no idea what real life is like and that violent idiots like this should be excluded from it. If you're so imbalanced that you can't deal with entirely peaceful situations without becoming a potential murderer, you go to jail until you can. Simples.
    But he didn't, and he's not. I'm assuming you, also, do not have a younger sister. I hardly believe that OP is "imbalanced", or a "violent idiot"- He was looking out for his family. Unfortunately, harsh words are no longer considered a currency in situations like this as I said earlier. Society can have its thinkers and diplomats, but for some people controlled aggression is the only way to get the message across. Or should OP have sat back and done nothing while some coke-sniffing pedo got it on with his little sister? 'Coz harsh words are not going to cut it- they don't work on stupid people. It's not about "teaching someone a lesson" in some badly connotated gang way. There are idiot who attack people for no reason all over the world, and they should be the ones who are put away (and they are). There are also idiots who think they can get away with banging underage girls and pulling everyone else into their depraved, drug-induced world, and they are left pretty much alone. In these situations, the only real solutions are the ones you create for yourself.

Oh, OP, it doesn't matter that you're Pakistani. I would have done exactly the same, and I'm English. It's all about looking out for the family mate.

ReputationRep:
    He's 23, yet you think he's old enough to pass as her father?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    I call troll. More eloquent than the usual so I can't be too sure :ninja:
    i was thinking the same thing. if this is true i feel sorry for the guy, he's gonna have a **** life

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I'm a Pakistani (never been there and not that it matters, I would've done the same if I was any other race) and my sister just turned 15 a days ago. Yesterday I saw her holding hands with this guy and he looked really old... I mean, he could've probably passed for her father. As soon as I saw them I just lost control and in the middle of the street beat that guy up senseless while my sister was trying to stop me. I think had it not been for strangers stepping in I probably would've killed him. I honestly don't know what happened as I've never lost my temper before this bad.

Anyway I took her home while she was crying and today I went out this morning and my friend told me who the guy is. I went to his house to make sure that he doesn't see my sister again and in the stairs of his apartment he was snorting coke with a girl and stank so much. I think I really scared him because he said he'd never come near my sister again and just ran upstairs. My sister today went mad and since my dad is in France and my mum has no real control over her she thought she could do whatever she wants. So she says he was just a friend and that she will never speak to me again, etc.

Lots of people telling me overreacted but I think I would do the same thing if it were to happen now. What do you guys think?

Sorry for the poorly written thread... wish iPhone had a proper keyboard. :/
    LAD

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.