The Student Room Group

Beat up sister's 23-year-old male "friend"

Scroll to see replies

What, so you think beating up a guy rotten you don't know is going to have control over your little sister?

I call for troll. I don't see why being Pakistani is relevant and I don't think the "wrinkly, long hair and bearded guy" is a real portrayal of this guy.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 101
Original post by Anonymous
That's exactly the kind of comment I was looking for and reassured me that I did the right thing. Thanks a lot mate.

In truth, I think a lot more people would be on your side if you didn't mention you were Pakistani. The negative responses on this thread shows why this country is going to ****, people can't seem to protect their family.
Reply 102
Original post by DanielleT192
What, so you think beating up a guy rotten you don't know is going to have control over your little sister?

I call for troll. I don't see why being Pakistani is relevant and I don't think the "wrinkly, long hair and bearded guy" is a real portrayal of this guy.

it's not about control, it's about a paedo going out with your sister.
Reply 103
Original post by PapaShmurff
You could of at least said something before knocking the **** out of the guy :lol:

"Here comes the pain!!!"
Original post by UpsidedownLandMan
But he didn't, and he's not. I'm assuming you, also, do not have a younger sister.

You assume wrong.

I hardly believe that OP is "imbalanced", or a "violent idiot"- He was looking out for his family.

So the **** what? does "looking out for your family" give you an excuse to murder, kill, beat or torture random people? No. If you think someone is a paedophile you go to the police. You don't beat the **** out of random people on the street with absolutely no evidence whatsoever that they have done anything wrong. That would make you the one who's a risk to society, and the one who should be in jail.

Or should OP have sat back and done nothing while some coke-sniffing pedo got it on with his little sister?

If by "coke-sniffing pedo" you mean "random guy who OP didn't know took coke", and by "got it on" you mean "walked down the street holding hands"... no, he should have gone up to them and at least TRIED to get the guy to **** off without using force. There is a middle ground between "doing nothing" and "committing assault". This is not some hero rescuing his sister from the pedo hordes. OP allegedly saw his sister holding hands with someone on the street and immediately went violently mental. That is not normal behaviour and OP should be in jail, assuming it's not a troll.

You seriously think it's not imbalanced to see your sister with a friend, and immediately think "if they are having sex it's illegal", and without saying anything at all to determine what the situation is, or to try and find a resolution that doesn't involve breaking the law, go up and nearly kill them? You've either been watching too many movies or you need some serious mental help yourself.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by The Dynamic Uno
There's a reason for those guidelines and if you can't see why there's no helping you. Under your logic it's alright for a 30 year old to have sex with an 8 year old as long as she consent seeing as she has the 'right to be her own person'.

Thanks for that spectacular misunderstanding of my comment. I was asking why you're more able to make a good decision than she is, given that the age borderlines you described are not exact and precise. It's perfectly feasible that she may be in fact more competent at making these sorts of decisions than you.
Reply 106
Lol taught him a lesson at least. What if your 15 year old sister had started doing coke? I think you made the right choice (apart from beating him ****less, but at least he won't bother your sister now)
Reply 107
And you've posted here for a round of applause?

Not impressed.
Reply 108
Original post by Samrout
In truth, I think a lot more people would be on your side if you didn't mention you were Pakistani. The negative responses on this thread shows why this country is going to ****, people can't seem to protect their family.

Even if his nationality had affected some people's judgement (and thus far there is no evidence that it has) it does not change the fact that OP is (if genuine) a violent criminal.

You should feel privileged to live in a society that legislates against the kind of behaviour OP described.

If you really want to live in a state in which beating someone senseless as a first resort is considered appropriate then go find one and live there.
Reply 109
Original post by Mr Disco
Even if his nationality had affected some people's judgement (and thus far there is no evidence that it has) it does not change the fact that OP is (if genuine) a violent criminal.

You should feel privileged to live in a society that legislates against the kind of behaviour OP described.

If you really want to live in a state in which beating someone senseless as a first resort is considered appropriate then go find one and live there.

15 year old girl with a 23 year old man. Do you have a sister?
E-thug to the extreme :ninja: you beat him senseless :lol:
Reply 111

Nice one. I would have done the same thing... (am fiercely protective of my little sisters). To those of you who believe that words do all, there is no better way of conveying the words "keep away from my sister" like a set of knuckles to the face, a knee in the *******s or any other simialr measures. The fact that he was also using; I would have kicked his bloody face in. And I am not a violent man. So, no, OP is not a psycho, nor is he a criminal. He was standing up for his family. It's just too bad that most people have forgotten what this means.

Firstly, I do have a sister... Secondly, you sound like an insecure, psychotic little man since you like to boast about how you would immediately resort to violence if you saw one of your little sisters holding hands with an older guy. People that "fiercely protective" (basically dangerously overprotective, but the way you worded it sounds nicer) over their families never end up well. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up resenting you for life or you end up in jail. Or both. I think it's time for you to grow up.
(edited 13 years ago)
THIS IS THE MOST SENSIBLE THING YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE ...

Go up to the guy
Ask him who he is
If he replies in a bad way
Insult him and tell him to leave your sister
Defend only if he hits you first

:h: Simple really.
Original post by 2ndClass

Original post by 2ndClass
Don't blame ya, if some coke head was holding my sister's hand I'd probably react the same.

i agree with you! but obviously if t was my brother and some bitch was messing with him and wrip her hair out!!
nowadays you have to look after your own family more than before and ofcourse your own back!
She isn't your property; look out for her and give her advice, yes, but if she's chosen to spend time with an older man, you have no right whatsoever to intervene violently (so long as they're doing nothing illegal). She would be perfectly in the right to report you to the police for assault, and I hope she does.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 115
Original post by Samrout
15 year old girl with a 23 year old man. Do you have a sister?

Yes.

Completely.

Irrelevant.
Original post by Retrodiction
Thanks for that spectacular misunderstanding of my comment. I was asking why you're more able to make a good decision than she is, given that the age borderlines you described are not exact and precise. It's perfectly feasible that she may be in fact more competent at making these sorts of decisions than you.

You know nothing about me whereas I know that she is a girl who recently turned 15, is fooling around with a 23 year old coke-head who apparently actually looks closer to 40 and that she has no authoritative figure to guide her in her life right now seeing as her father is in a different country and her mother is apparently not strong enough to guide her.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I see the point you're trying to make but you're basically defending a paedophile.
Reply 117
Original post by bobcat7
you sound like a ****ing psycho.

This. You should be in jail my friend. If I was him I would have called the cops on you by now, can't have animals like yourself loose on the streets.

At least your sister has probably lost all respect she once had for you.. don't blame her when she runs away and disowns her family.
Reply 118
Original post by Mr Disco
Yes.

Completely.

Irrelevant.

Younger or older?
Reply 119
Original post by Ich Dien
Sure beat the guy up, because your actions are justifiable. Hope you enjoy having to lug around a criminal record. Not how the law works. Its your loss and yours alone..

Why are you trying so hard on this thread? He beat a guy up, big ****ing deal, the law does **** here, you really think the police will bother trying to hunt down a guy to give him a criminal record because he had a street fight? Yeah okay there buddy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending