Turn on thread page Beta

Does age matter to you in a relationship? watch

• View Poll Results: Does age matter to you?
    Yes
    67.65%
    No
    32.35%

ReputationRep:
    Just as the title says and if no please state how many years.

Just a random poll xD No harm is there?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have a relationship with an OAP, no matter how awesome she is

ReputationRep:
    Not so much once both parties are over the age of consent, but large age gaps could still be uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I (almost 16) wouldn't date anyone older than 18, or younger than 15. The older I get, the less important the age gap is. Isn't there like that 7 rule or something?

Age isn't the most important thing - marriages work with 15 or so year age gaps, but at my age anyone that old is just a bit of a pervert, and anyone younger is a kid. Which is not what I'd look for in a boyfriend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SemperVivum)
    Not once both parties are over the age of consent.
    The words of a pedophile.

ReputationRep:
    Age is just a number....... But I wouldn't date an OAP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    Yes. I (almost 16) wouldn't date anyone older than 18, or younger than 15. The older I get, the less important the age gap is. Isn't there like that 7 rule or something?

Age isn't the most important thing - marriages work with 15 or so year age gaps, but at my age anyone that old is just a bit of a pervert, and anyone younger is a kid. Which is not what I'd look for in a boyfriend!
    Yep, half your age plus 7

ReputationRep:
    If he was over 30, I'd see him as in a different stage in life. Not necessarily too old in mentality, but looking for something else, maybe seeking a young girl for a reason, or pushing commitment as far ahead of him as possible. I'd be willing to date someone younger, although don't find it very likely

ReputationRep:
    Oh here we go again.

Prepare yourselves for the inevitable

"Well I'm very mature for my age so I usually end up dating older guys age is just a number"

I swear girls think they've grown up and try to grow up as soon as they can, I mean as soon as they're born they're pushing around prams with baby dolls in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_13th)
    The words of a pedophile.
    Since when was paedophlia involved when the two people are both over the age of 16? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 10 years younger, it kinda changed my perspective. Now I only see an age gap as really big if it is 15+ years.

ReputationRep:
    to everyone age matters to some extent and age will vary from person to person but to clarify age will matter to everyone to some extent

ReputationRep:
    Just a number..

ReputationRep:
    As long as the gap isn't massive, I don't really care.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yes.

I personally don't go out with anyone more than 5 years older than me or 2 years younger. It's jsut preference, really. However, it also depends on the guy

I do not see anything wrong with big age difference though, as long as both persons in the relationship are in the same age range. If you get what I mean. 25 and 20 years old are OK, but 20 and 15 years old are not, that would be classed as paedo! loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickR92)
    Yep, half your age plus 7
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it matters a lot.
    I used to think that age was just a number blah blah blah liberal canadian blah blah blah. Last year I dated a guy who was in his 30's (I'm 20), and it didn't work because we are in very different placed in our lives. He's looking to get married and settle down, I'm looking to have fun and travel.
    I wouldn't necessarily say that age is the problem, it has more to do with maturity, and what stage of life you are in.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and wouldn't date anyone over 23 I suppose, or under 18.

ReputationRep:
    I told my girlfriend we're leaving. She told me she didn't like our relationship anyway.

I said "that's a big word for a 5 year old."

ReputationRep:
    old enough to bleed....old enough to breed

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.