Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people have online "relationships?" watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Their caring has nothing to do with the truth of what I said though, does it?
    Which is easier - growing up, which takes time and confidence, or pretending everything is okay?
    They are only deluding themselves of reality. I can't see how talking to a chick I'm never going to meet is going to change any of what I say...
    Just because you've included your opinion doesn't mean it's the truth. So stop being big-headed and get a grip. They might be 'deluding themselves of reality' but to be honest, there's nothing amazing about it anyway. Leave them be, it's what they want to do. I never said I'm trying to change what you say did I? I'm just giving my opinion, like you.

ReputationRep:
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljolsyiYBR1qcz4p7.jpg

ReputationRep:
    They could say its a selection process, which allows them to know each other on a intellectual level. The idea of flexibility, meeting whenever both are comfortable, mixed with the surreal sense of consequences on real life could appeals to some.

That said there is apparent lack of courage to take leap for real reflects their fear for rejection. In short the guy doesnt have ballz to say hi to real gal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becilouise)
    Just because you've included your opinion doesn't mean it's the truth. So stop being big-headed and get a grip. They might be 'deluding themselves of reality' but to be honest, there's nothing amazing about it anyway. Leave them be, it's what they want to do. I never said I'm trying to change what you say did I? I'm just giving my opinion, like you.
    Leave them be?
    Or, how about you say why what I said was wrong. If not, are you admitting that it is a sign of social ineptitude?
    Don't skirt around the topic and try to lambast me for having a strong opinion; either say what is wrong with it or don't say anything at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Does holding hands and kissing someone entail getting to know them? Yeah...bet you love getting to "know" people...wink wink.
    haha yeah i do for your information.... but then thats the best way to get close to someone right? and anyway, if your in a relationship, thats whats expected, so nerr

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.