Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I don't get 8 or more hours sleep I refuse to believe I can concentrate the next day, so don't do any work all day.

ReputationRep:
    I like ..feel the top of my scalp when i'm in deep thinking with a facial expression like
    but then when i'm watching tv I make this face :grr:.

I also bite my lips a lot
    They're not weird, very average, but i don't think I have any weird habbits... except when i'm properly revising for 12 hours with minimal breaks I talk to myself a lot and walk in circles and just generally chat complete ****.

ReputationRep:
    Pull out and eat my facial hair.

Edit: Not sure why my weird habit is deserving of negative rep.

ReputationRep:
    I just stopped biting my nails (everyone is very proud of me). I pick at my split ends. I suck my thumb sometimes and sniff my teddy bear's paw to help me get to sleep.

I am one grown up 20 year old.

ReputationRep:
    I make weird facial expressions from time to time for no reason.
    I bite my nails when I'm either bored or anxious.
    I get really nervous while watching other people perform.
    Oh and the most recent, I like watching TV while standing; it's on a shelf in the dorm so it's a little uncomfortable to watch while in the chair, however perfect height while laying in bed, which I don't do much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avalanche101)
    I do this. I thought I was the only weirdo who did this! My parents caught me. Now I only do it in secret.

I also wash my hands too much, even before and after the shower, and before I go to the toilet and just too much in general.
    Hello fellow weirdo. :hello:

I always use this hand sanitizer gel in school. :ninja:
    People are just like 'what the hell!?' My excuse is it smells nice! (which it does, pomegranate )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    Biting nails and skin around nails. Chewing pretty much anything, wool, string, paper, plastic etc :P
    I do this.. I used to love sponges but then my Mum used to get angry as she had to keep buying more of them. I also eat bubbles if I have a bubble bath, I don't have a bath now so I can't do anything fun.

Apart from chew on my hands...it hurts and I keep saying I'll stop (I only started again when I stressed in my final year of Uni) but I don't. It's like my weird heroin or something.

ReputationRep:
    Singing to myself - do this all the time, bloody annoying

ReputationRep:
    If I touch something with one hand then I have to touch it with the other hand. It feels weird otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    I tap the deck of cards when the hands have been dealt nearly every single time.

Also, I find it near impossible to drive my car without music on.

ReputationRep:
    Pull hairs out of my eyebrows in exams. Not cool

ReputationRep:
    If I touch something hot/cold/sharp with one hand I have to do it with the other or I feel "uneven".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    If I don't get 8 or more hours sleep I refuse to believe I can concentrate the next day, so don't do any work all day.
    Hahaha, same! With me it's any excuse; headache, back ache, the sun is too bright, etc. :p:

I tend to pluck out eyebrow hairs a lot too, especially when stressed. For a while I had kind of an obsession and had the worst eyebrows ever. :erm:
    I also have about 10 objects lying around on my desk that are here for the sole purpose of being fiddled with; white tack, highlighters, papers, clips, etc. My concentration is so bad that if something takes more than about a second to load online I instantly start to fidget and mess about with something.

ReputationRep:
    I like to sit on the floor. No matter where I am, I'm much happier on the floor than a chair =/ Sometimes I'll even sit on the floor next to a chair.
    When I'm cooking I tend to put bowls etc on the floor as well, rather than on the sides. I think I just have something about the floor.
    Twirl my hair a lot..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I still suck my thumb, but not in public

When I'm stressed I'll pace, but I do it in a sort of heel to mid foot thing so I walk in a square....

ReputationRep:
    I crack my knuckles allllll the time, and make them all crack at once, not one at a time like everyone else seems to. It gorsses people out so much
    I bite my nails when I'm nervous or talking to people I don't really know.
    When I'm at uni and going through one of those automatic doors that open by pressing a 'touch here' button, I have to touch each button at both sides of the door. f I don't I sort of feel... uneasy. Totally weird :/
    I also fiddle with my hair alot when I'm talking to people! Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtemisRose)
    I smell everything. If it's food and it smells bad I can't eat no matter how nice it tastes.

I like to smell paper too.

Hahah there is a shop in town sells smelly soap and .. I have to(sorta addicted) wait there and smell whenever I pass by

ReputationRep:
    I drink cold tea and coffee... according to my friends, that's weird..!

ReputationRep:
    If i crack one knuickle i have to do them all else i feel odd.

And i rehearse conversations outloud sometimes without realising. And i sing to myself without realising too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm incapable of sitting normally in a seat/ on a bed etc for more than a few minutes.

I'll usually begin in the sat up, legs out in front, regular position, but when it comes to getting up I'm all over the place. I get comfy in the weirdest positions.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.