Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

british man beaten to death by dubai police: why do brits even visit dubai? watch

ReputationRep:
    whats the point of visiting dubai? its what is called a compound holiday-- the tourist literally holidays in a compound surrounded by no go zones. south africa is another compound destination much loved by naive brits.

why do brits go on these kind of holidays?

metro.co.uk/news/860855-british-tourist-beaten-to-death-in-dubai-police-custody

ReputationRep:
    british man beaten to death by police officers in the street. Why do brits live here? IT IS A MYSTERY LOL!

People are idiots?

ReputationRep:
    Because most Brits that go on holiday to Dubai come back.

ReputationRep:
    More sun - less rain?

dubai seems to appeal to a the new rich cos it's a place where vulgar displays of wealth are considered classy

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god.
    That is horrible!

ReputationRep:
    It was good to work there for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    More sun - less rain?

dubai seems to appeal to a the new rich cos it's a place where vulgar displays of wealth are considered classy
    I was going to say this. For those with new money and lots of Louis Vuitton purses.

ReputationRep:
    People think it's Las Vegas with a beach, I guess. How wrong they are. Not a nice place to visit. They use what is effectively slave labour to construct cut-price buildings. It is a corrupt and immoral city.

ReputationRep:
    Because of all the fountains.

ReputationRep:
    to see the burj khalifa?

ReputationRep:
    I once saw a couple having sex on a beach in Dubai. Irrelevant but I just remembered.

ReputationRep:
    Because it is ****ing awesome. Also I am pretty sure this isn't a regular occurence. I've been there many times and the police haven't beaten the crap out of me. America on the other hand is notorious for police brutality, but that's a country run by white people so I am guessing you wouldn't want to deter people from going there right? It pisses me off that you call yourself human rights when you are clearly a racist.

NB: This is going by other posts and not this one alone.

ReputationRep:
    I've got friends who live out there, they weren't anything special in this country (dropped out of school etc...) and they go there to live like kings. I've heard some things about Dubai that have really put me off the place tbh

ReputationRep:
    The point op was making was the reason he was arrested and beaten to death for.

ReputationRep:
    If you stay long enough maybe you could make it into a tax haven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    Because it is ****ing awesome. Also I am pretty sure this isn't a regular occurence. I've been there many times and the police haven't beaten the crap out of me. America on the other hand is notorious for police brutality, but that's a country run by white people so I am guessing you wouldn't want to deter people from going there right? It pisses me off that you call yourself human rights when you are clearly a racist.

NB: This is going by other posts and not this one alone.
    The closet racist is always the one that brings it up.. :rolleyes:

If I descibed a black person as black I bet you that he wouldn't be the one that was offended. You sir, are a racist.

Also, because police in America are brutal this makes it ok for police in Dubai to be brutal? Because only the worst country in the world should be blamed shouldn't it...

Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Why do Brazilians visit Britain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electronica)
    The closet racist is always the one that brings it up.. :rolleyes:

If I descibed a black person as black I bet you that he wouldn't be the one that was offended. You sir, are a racist.
    :lolwut:

Also, because police in America are brutal this makes it ok for police in Dubai to be brutal? Because only the worst country in the world should be blamed shouldn't it...
    :lolwut:

Idiot.
    Sozzard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humanrights)
    whats the point of visiting dubai? its what is called a compound holiday-- the tourist literally holidays in a compound surrounded by no go zones. south africa is another compound destination much loved by naive brits.

why do brits go on these kind of holidays?

metro.co.uk/news/860855-british-tourist-beaten-to-death-in-dubai-police-custody
    There's more to the UAE than fast cars and skyscrapers.There exists an expatriate working class who have chosen Dubai as a Home.The UAE doesn't force anyone to come to Dubai and work his ass off. Dubai is an option to tons of expatriates who want to make a quick buck. The death of the British lad saddens me especially as this is very uncommon for one to hear in the UAE especially as i have lived in this growing city for the past 12 years.All i have to say is stop hating on people if you don't really know them. In a growing city/country such incidents do happen and it is morally unacceptable and very douchey to hate on an entire country.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.