Turn on thread page Beta

The best intro to a song ever? watch

ReputationRep:
    I second voodoo child :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Genesis - Justice has a pretty epic start. Very overpowering.

ReputationRep:
    Echo and the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon. Probably not the best ever, but pretty ****ing good.

Tori Amos also has some good song intros, this is by far not her best. I included this though because it's a cover of Lovesong by The Cure, and she uses the riff from that song as an intro. Since that is one of the greatest riffs ever, this is a good intro to an amazing performance.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, **** yeah, Baba O'Reilly.

Let's not forget:

ReputationRep:
    Guns n Roses - November Rain :coma:

it's just gorgeous and genius instrumentals

ReputationRep:

I love the intro of Above The Others by Silverlane. I'm not sure what it is about it, I just LOVE that piano.

And this one, cos it's cheesy as ****.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be entirely un-original and say Sweet Child o' Mine; it's so well constructed and the bass guitar fits perfectly! I think it's my favourite bit of bass playing, actually.

ReputationRep:
    White Stripes - Seven Nation Army, probably not my favourite, but only stand out one I can think of off top of my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior078)
    Dr Dre - Deeez Nuutz

Best intro ever.
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    Rebecca Black - Friday. I've never seen such powerful and thought provoking lyrics such "Yeah yeah yeahhhhh" in a high pitch squeal ever in the history of music.

She then says she has 'gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs' , it took me weeks to figure what those lyrics meant. She wanted to be fresh and ready to face the day after waking up, and she wants to go downstairs, as in she is currently on the second floor, and she wants to proceed to the first floor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Baba O' Riley.
    I was going to dispute that but I just... can't.

Time - Pink Floyd.

ReputationRep:
    Queen - bohemian rhapsody

enough said.

ReputationRep:

Opeth 'Dirge for November.' just because of the sheer beauty and intensity of the contrast between the intro and the rest of the song.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Possibly a Genesis track...

Also Pink Floyd, Time is outstanding with the bass notes after the clocks:

And now for some kinda random folk metal-y type things:

The Warren by Fen is one of my favourite metal songs at the moment, and Fen are probably my favourite metal band currently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Possibly a Genesis track...

Also Pink Floyd, Time is outstanding with the bass notes after the clocks:

And now for some kinda random folk metal-y type things:

The Warren by Fen is one of my favourite metal songs at the moment, and Fen are probably my favourite metal band currently.
    'Firth of Fifth'. What an amazing song - one of my 20 favourite albums of all time, no question.

Will also check out 'Fen'. What metal subgenre are they?

ReputationRep:

or

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mc1000)
    'Firth of Fifth'. What an amazing song - one of my 20 favourite albums of all time, no question.

Will also check out 'Fen'. What metal subgenre are they?
    Atmospheric black metal would be the best way to describe it.
    If you like post rock and can tolerate very harsh metal vocals then you should enjoy it.

Some of their tracks are pretty raw, but The Warren is very tame for the first 5 minutes or so.

And yes - genesis are excellent.

I'd say my favourite album is probably trespass or lamb lies down. Though selling england is very good.
    I find myself listening to live 1973 often, but as that's not a studio album I don't think it counts!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Ooo Queens of the Stone Age - Know One Knows

Muse - Hysteria

Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit

Libertines - Dont look back into the sun

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.