Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So who has it worse than me? watch

I'm 21, 5 foot 2, went bald last year and lost a foot in an accident (got 40k in compensation)

I also have Gynecomastia, known as "moobs", which is a genetic condition in my family and my eye sight is so bad that every single thing is a blur if I take my contacts off. My skin is very sensitive and I get rashes if I stay in the sun for more than a few hours.

My mum passed away when I was 7 and my dad is an alcoholic who I haven't spoken to in months. Never had a girlfriend and I'm not ugly but with those problems it's enough to put any girl off.

This isn't a rant and I'm not expecting any sympathetic replies because I still think I have it better than a lot of people. This is just to show some of you who complain over little things how lucky you and stupid you are for complaining. Just remember that a normal life is a priveleged life.

ReputationRep:
    The Japanese...

ReputationRep:
    This is clearly a rant.

ReputationRep:
    I hate competitive whinge fests.

ReputationRep:
    People that are being killed for no reason?
    The less fortunate, without homes, food, families.

Btw, that felt like a rant. But hey ho, oh well.

Thanks for that. I already know, millions of people have it MUCH MUCH worser than my tiny problems.

ReputationRep:
    hear hear. I have big respect for your positive outlook, a lot of people need to look at things from a fresh perspective and the majority of thier problems would pale to insignificance. Then again, everythings relative.

ReputationRep:
    Sucks to be you brah

Spoiler:
    Show
    Aren't you lucky, my hundredth post on this account went to you thread!

Aren't you lucky!!

It's all up smooth sailing from now on

ReputationRep:
    You think that's bad? I accidently negged one of my own posts from my other account!

ReputationRep:
    "My problems are worse than your problems!"

Well...I locked myself out yesterday! had to stand outside for 30 damn minutes in the cold. Now you got me all sad, hope your happy!

SARCASM. You have 40k, have a trip round the world and have a life worth living

ReputationRep:
    There was a spider in my room today!

Now THAT'S what I call unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    people with terminal radiation illnesses maybe... not to play a game of 'who has it worse' but you raise a fair point OP, shouldn't take all things in life for granted, unless you want to be taken on some sort of karmic universe life lesson

ReputationRep:
    My situation is pretty similar to yours, cept I'm 6'2, possess a fulsome scalp and have both feet and parents.

OTE=Revolution is my Name;30875730]http://blog.lib.umn.edu/skogl068/arc...starving-1.JPG[/QUOTE]

Ye you're right, I'm sure any minute now we'll see a thread on this forum from that kid complaining about how he can't get a girl...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I respect youf or your positive outlook.

However, do you think anyone with a much worse experience than the one you have would actually express it on internet forum?

I think what they would ratehr do is to just not mentioning and forgetting about it and move on with life.

ReputationRep:
    thanks.alot.im sorry about your problems but what're you trying to prove?it really seems like a rant.now you've triggered a bunch of people who're gonna post pictures of starved babies,people dying,prematures,etc...

and those kind of pictures scare the hell out of me.i dont like to look at them.in future,please dont make threads like this.sorry.

but whats the point of this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 21, 5 foot 2, went bald last year and lost a foot in an accident (got 40k in compensation)

I also have Gynecomastia, known as "moobs", which is a genetic condition in my family and my eye sight is so bad that every single thing is a blur if I take my contacts off. My skin is very sensitive and I get rashes if I stay in the sun for more than a few hours.

My mum passed away when I was 7 and my dad is an alcoholic who I haven't spoken to in months. Never had a girlfriend and I'm not ugly but with those problems it's enough to put any girl off.

This isn't a rant and I'm not expecting any sympathetic replies because I still think I have it better than a lot of people. This is just to show some of you who complain over little things how lucky you and stupid you are for complaining. Just remember that a normal life is a priveleged life.
    Hey you.
    In life you just deal the cards that you're dealt. You can't change what's happened so don't dwell on it, just look forward and decide what makes you happy. I'm sorry that you haven't been given the best start in life, but sadly not all of us are, and there isn't much to say about that! I know a lot of people who seem to have it all too but I don't know everything there is to know about who they are, how they're really feeling or what they're going/been through, so I don't try to comment and I try not to ever feel jealous.

Not everyone your age, despite appearences, have had girlfriends. Sometimes being bald is sexy. You've got 40K to spend on whatever you want. You can get costmetic surgery/eye surgery and treatment to help your skin. You can contact your dad and give advice, or you don't have to. You're mum has passed away but just remember the time you had with her. Most of the time it's not you're personal appearence that attracts women, it's your personality and most importantly, you're attitude with life.

Have happy eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

so you're now 4 foot 2, or you was 6 foot 2 and now you're 5 foot 2.. ??

did you put your compensation figure in brackets to attract a mate? you need a few more zero's on the end to attract a girl when you're 21, short and bald bro... sorry

i stopped reading after u said ur daddy was an alcolholic lol... got to be trollin foreal

ReputationRep:
    I dropped my toast butter-side down D:
    What should I do TSR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    Ahh.... the internet: where the real-life losers who would get beaten up for saying this roam free.
    By a midget with one foot? ****ing hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahm sayn?)
    i stopped reading after u said ur daddy was an alcolholic lol... got to be trollin foreal
    Aww, I hope not.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.