Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So who has it worse than me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Just wow.
    I thought I had it bad with my sister not telling me if she wants to marry a certain dude and paying more attention to her best friend than her little sister who she's basically a second mother too! Sorry. I'm gonna stop before I start ranting.

But yeah, it's always things like this which make you think twice about your own life - whether they're [OP] for real or not.

40k for losing a foot? DAMN!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the life story.
    Maybe you should consider other people too.

Although, I do sympathise.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 21, 5 foot 2, went bald last year and lost a foot in an accident (got 40k in compensation)

I also have Gynecomastia, known as "moobs", which is a genetic condition in my family and my eye sight is so bad that every single thing is a blur if I take my contacts off. My skin is very sensitive and I get rashes if I stay in the sun for more than a few hours.

My mum passed away when I was 7 and my dad is an alcoholic who I haven't spoken to in months. Never had a girlfriend and I'm not ugly but with those problems it's enough to put any girl off.

This isn't a rant and I'm not expecting any sympathetic replies because I still think I have it better than a lot of people. This is just to show some of you who complain over little things how lucky you and stupid you are for complaining. Just remember that a normal life is a priveleged life.
    It is a rant. Look at you! WHat about those with no homes? What about the Japan Tsunami? We all have our flaws and there are those like yourself with major problems but you just gotta live with it. Now you say "This is just to show some of you who complain over little things how lucky you and stupid you are for complaining. Just remember that a normal life is a priveleged life". Okay, I'm a loner and I'm 18. I've not had a gf, I have insomnia, and I think I suffer from depression and I know I have OCD. I've still got my legs, I appreciate it. Look man, I don't know what you're trying to prove here but this thread... waste of time. I feel for you buddy, but yeah, all in all, there are those who are having other problems and can't handle/take it or whatever. Have you not seen those who commit suicide over being an outcast? Mate, sorry to tell you... but I think this thread is to show how much people will actually sympathize for you otherwise you wouldn't have said "this ain't a rant and i'm not expecting any sympathetic..." whatever the rest was. Dude, you think you've had it hard? THink about others before posting things like this up. Capiche?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    It is a rant. Look at you! WHat about those with no homes? What about the Japan Tsunami? We all have our flaws and there are those like yourself with major problems but you just gotta live with it. Now you say "This is just to show some of you who complain over little things how lucky you and stupid you are for complaining. Just remember that a normal life is a priveleged life". Okay, I'm a loner and I'm 18. I've not had a gf, I have insomnia, and I think I suffer from depression and I know I have OCD. I've still got my legs, I appreciate it. Look man, I don't know what you're trying to prove here but this thread... waste of time. I feel for you buddy, but yeah, all in all, there are those who are having other problems and can't handle/take it or whatever. Have you not seen those who commit suicide over being an outcast? Mate, sorry to tell you... but I think this thread is to show how much people will actually sympathize for you otherwise you wouldn't have said "this ain't a rant and i'm not expecting any sympathetic..." whatever the rest was. Dude, you think you've had it hard? THink about others before posting things like this up. Capiche?
    And seriously, why the hell would you wanna tell us you gained 40k of compensation? Dude man, WOW. What do you want us to think? You've already said this ain't a rant, so what is it? I don't think it's for people to realise the importance of life?

ReputationRep:
    40k can buy you happiness... Maybe not true happiness but a crazy summer of fun nonetheless. Get your uni studies finished, get a pair of cool prescription glasses from Specsavers or Boots, just shave your hair off (there is nothing worse than riff-raff hair do's although Richard O'Brien is the only one who can pull it off), get off the internet and have fun with your life.

ReputationRep:
    Bald or not, £40k lying around = wimmin.

ReputationRep:
    I have no hands.

ReputationRep:
    only £40k? thought you'd get way more for losing a foot...

ReputationRep:
    your foot has it worse

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.