Turn on thread page Beta

Cheap hayfever relief watch

ReputationRep:
    Just read this and found it really useful so thought I'd share.
    http://healthmad.com/health/antihist...eason-a-guide/

I hate hayfever so much and seem to spend so much time looking for cheap antihistamines - apparently tesco are cheapest

ReputationRep:
    I thank you for that.

ReputationRep:
    My mum just collects my brothers NHS repeat prescription for antihistamines for free.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhhhhhh looks good! and i also find eating honey helps somehow lol

ReputationRep:
    Snot rocket works fine for me...

ReputationRep:
    It's worth pointing out that if you are from have a low income/savings (looking at you students) you can fill out a HC1 form to get free prescriptions.

ReputationRep:
    eating honey? thats a new one, i might try it - thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Good article: thanks !

I find anything with Loratidine stops me from sleeping as long as I'm taking it.

ReputationRep:
    Piriteze is really good!

ReputationRep:
    hibernating in my bed till summer is over helps.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/fam...fever-remedies

I used PharmacyFirst and got 120 tablets for £4.95. Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    I've quite bad hay fever and was even prescribed steroids on a short term a few yrs ago. I now take prescribed medication for it. But putting a small amount of vaseline inside your nostrils will help so much. It may seem stupid but it's effective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Berbalicious)
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/fam...fever-remedies

I used PharmacyFirst and got 120 tablets for £4.95. Sorted.
    Wow, brilliant. Will check that out now

ReputationRep:
    and yes, vaseline does work too - it stops the pollen from being able to enter your airwaves so easily

ReputationRep:
    Claritin pills are cheap and the boots own brand ones are really cheap and quite effective as most of the ingredients are the same (yes i checked :P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireHogben)
    eating honey? thats a new one, i might try it - thanks!
    try and make it honey from your local area so you're more immune to the local pollen...the point is to start early (say now) so in main hayfever season you have protection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alison1992)
    try and make it honey from your local area so you're more immune to the local pollen...the point is to start early (say now) so in main hayfever season you have protection
    Makes sense, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingkev)
    But putting a small amount of vaseline inside your nostrils will help so much. It may seem stupid but it's effective.
    It is effective. You can cut down on antihistamines quite a lot with vaseline. But I put as much in as I can, not just a small amount, and that seems to be more effective still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TominEurope)
    It is effective. You can cut down on antihistamines quite a lot with vaseline. But I put as much in as I can, not just a small amount, and that seems to be more effective still.
    I find if I use too much of it then my nose gets blocked. So I try and limit how much I use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TominEurope)
    (Original post by kingkev)
    I find if I use too much of it then my nose gets blocked. So I try and limit how much I use.
    I tried this yesterday while I was cutting the grass. I had to take antihistamines anyway for my other allergies, as I do everyday, but it did help my hayfever while I was out in the garden for hours

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.