Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cheap hayfever relief watch

ReputationRep:
    i get neoclarytin on prescription and that works well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niharika.jha)
    i get neoclarytin on prescription and that works well!
    it does work well, yes, but prescriptions are really quite expensive (unless you're still under 18), and you can normally buy exactly the same drug on the high street at lower cost.

as the article says - cetirizine (clarityn) on prescription would be £7.20 per month (soon to be £7.40), or bought from tesco it would be £3 per month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireHogben)
    I tried this yesterday while I was cutting the grass. I had to take antihistamines anyway for my other allergies, as I do everyday, but it did help my hayfever while I was out in the garden for hours
    If anyone is cutting grass, I make sure I make a detour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TominEurope)
    If anyone is cutting grass, I make sure I make a detour!
    Haha, i know, it's awful isn't it? My Dad left my clothes out on the washing line while he cut the grass one time, and I couldn't wear any of them - all had to be washed again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireHogben)
    it does work well, yes, but prescriptions are really quite expensive (unless you're still under 18), and you can normally buy exactly the same drug on the high street at lower cost.

as the article says - cetirizine (clarityn) on prescription would be £7.20 per month (soon to be £7.40), or bought from tesco it would be £3 per month
    neoclarityn isn't available over the counter though - it also goes by the name desloratadine and it stronger than regular loratine and contains a decongestant. Only available on prescription. our doctors don't like giving it out though because it's really expensive and apparently the prescription charge doesn't cover it =(

ReputationRep:
    thanks, i'm turning 18 soon so don't get prescriptions free any more - good to know where to buy things. might try the honey thing too

ReputationRep:
    This place is dirt cheap for hayfever remedies. Well worth a look:

http://www.pharmacyfirst.co.uk/medicines/cat_77.html
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    this site can help you get them even cheaper

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.